New harness and second hand pony four wheeler?

shandy84

Oct 10, 2003
Essex
community.webshots.com
Any suggestions on good makes etc to look for or things to watch out for with both the harness and cart?

Also any ideas how much I could sell my cart for if I got a new one it is an older viking on hard wheels tidy but not stunning to suit around 13.2hh + (friends section D used to work in it) it has hula hoops rather than extendable axels?

Do you know how to test the springs??

Before putitng to, turn the fore carriage, turntable 90 degrees on the the body of the vehicle, so that one of the wheels is directly under the body of the cart. Then get someone to jump up and down in the back fairly dramatically, if the body of the cart touches the wheel, walk away, or offer a lot less and get it re sprung.

Thank you, knew I should ask before I start looking :)

I saw the most lovvverrrly carriage today, it was a bennington pony in black with a tan seat set and tan stripes, ohhh what i'd do to win the lottery it was under 4K :eek::eek::D

Hartland do a very good range of affordable and really good value, even in our salt ladened air the Hartland paint is standing up to abuse from us and he atmosphere.

Bellcrown has notoriously bad paint and the wheels are rusty and paintless in a matter of 2 years, and that's not in salty air either.

If you can afford Bennington, go for it, they hold their value and are superb quality.

Thats because you spelt it wrong, try this:

http://www.reneschoop.co.uk/

Avoid Bellcrown like the plague, thats the carriage I had originally ordered for Ben, tried it out and sent it back! Suspension was awful, build wasnt too bad but it was VERY heavy.

Bennington make beautiful carriages, the RDA group I went to used those. Think Bentley cars, and you have the build quality :D

Ive only heard good things about Hartland too, Bens harness was a hartland. They take lots of measurements to make sure the fit is perfect.

Rene, is a dear fellow.

I bought a vehicle from him donkey's years ago. It was not his own make, it was an original, but he has a really good reputation.

Swiss ( I think) with a Derbyshire accent, music to your ears.

http://www.reneschoop.co.uk/images/marathondressage/pony pair combined copy.jpg

From how she described it I would not be surprised if it was similar to this one, any ideas if £1600 would be reasonable if the vehicle is as good as she described?

Janice my friend who's selling it spelt it like that just to confuse me :p

I really do like the bennington but will only be able to afford second hand with them as lovely as they are :) my wallet only stretches so far.

Will have a look at hartland now, the name I couldn't remember earlier was Picasso harness???

newrider.com