Never thought I'd be saying this... SUBJECT TO VETTING..

HairyCob

Has anyone seen my mind?
Mar 18, 2002
Visit site
As many of you know I wanted a cob or cob X, gelding, 15hh+, any colour but gray....

This is what I went to look at today....

Dolly (Tredellow Makepeace, actually:rolleyes: ) is a 14.2hh, gray mare, ArabX Connemara cross and she is GORGEOUS!

Hadn't been ridden for 2 weeks when I tried her, and had been stabled constantly for 2 or 3 days amd by her owners admission is being very much over fed at the moment.
I rode her in the school and she was as fresh as a daisy, prancing about like an arab (funny that!) and even took off with me in canter- didn't feel even slightly unsafe or unseated and was relatively easy to pull up. Most importantly, not even a sniff of an attempt to buck:D I did manage to get her to walk trot and canter sensibly too, and got a reasonable turn on the forehand out of her- her owner admits that flatwork/lateral work isn't her thing, so Dolly hasn't done any for 2 years.

My YO rode her as well, and she did the same with her, although she didn't do it with her owner- I suspect there was an element of 'new person on board, what can I get away with?' alongside the freshness.

Anyway, can't stop blathering about her now, as I'm supposed to be at work, but I'm going back to hack her out on Saturday and providing that is OK, will be getting her vetted next week. Then she's coming to me on two weeks trial before I part with my cash!

So excited I won't be able to sleep... which is no bad thing as I have to be awake all night at work anyway!:D :D

OOps, meant to post this photo too... it's the one from her advert, I took my camera tonight and forgot to use it!

Attachments

• largep_rollingsarabx4.jpg
    largep_rollingsarabx4.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 199
Woo hooooooooooooooooooooo! this is what we've been waiting for :D

It's funny, some horse or another will behave like this and you'll want to get off, not get on again. Then another.... I felt that feeling recently :D

You're being very careful and restrained, I couldn't get a trial but I'm happy :)

She's stunning, simply beautiful and I'm sure you'll be fine and dandy this time next week :) :p :p :) :)

Of course, you'll have to change your forum name if you get her won't you? She's hardly a Hairy Cob!

Imp said:
She's hardly a Hairy Cob!

No, she isn't, especially not right now as she's clipped right out! But, hey, check out my avatar...how spooky is that? I chose that ages ago, and remember making a joke at the time about that being me when I found 'my' horse.... never in a million years did I think I'd go for a gray!

As to horses misbehaving and wanting to get off, not stay on- my YO's face was a picture- I'm sure she'd been preparing the owner for me getting off in tears and running away, which, if I'm honest is what I'd have thought I'd have done... when I pulled up in front of them and she asked 'what do you think?' I replied... You're going to hate me for saying this, but I LOVE HER' I just wish I'd had a camera to get a picture of her face- classic example of 'did she just say what I think she said?'!

Really MUST go to work now... going to be even later than I said I was going to be!

Thanks for all your replies folks... I'm one excited bunny! Roll on Saturday:D

ARGHHHH!!!!!!!!! *Runs around applauding* :D

Cor, she looks posh! :D If you have lovely reliable Prince at the same time as your posh little madam, that could be fun... ;)

newrider.com