Never talk about politics or religion....

Terrifying. Rewinding women's rights. Shut down Environmental Protection Agency. Banned Syrians. To name but three. He's a right wing nightmare and genuinely a threat to the future of the world.
May needs to do a trade deal with him to make Brexit look less of a disaster, hence flying over there to kiss arse etc. Farmers, animal welfare, climate protection and NHS screwed if that happens.

He is totally out of control, he is so thin skinned the last place he should be is politics, The USA has put a maniac with a personality disorder in charge. A misogynistic maniac with a personality disorder......a bigoted, misogynistic maniac............

Being perfectly honest it is a disaster waiting to happen, the US is properly in he hands of a corporate machine now and they are all going to look after their own interests of those of their families.

Truly and utterly horrifying that this idiot is in charge of a super power.

Reactions: squidsin
He's the media's wet dream right now isn't he. I've lost count of the amount of documentaries I've watched about him in the last wee while, he's certainly got everyone's eyes on him. I can't believe he's got into power, I worry about what he's going to do and has done already. He is so defensive whenever anyone attacks him, he doesn't rise above it all, he just bites back at them with some stupid degrading backlash that makes no sense.
The only thing I will say, in any sort of admiring way (I'm not at all in support of him, just watching worriedly from the sidelines!) is that he is falling over himself to show that he wasn't all talk when he was on the campaign trail and is doing things straight away. Terrifying though!

Oh, and every photo I see of him, I just want to duct tape right round his head over his mouth, its his lips, they give me the heebie jeebies. I want to cut them off.

Reactions: Ruskii
The world has finally gone completely mad - terrifying times. Not a single person on the horizon to cheer on as they come galloping to the rescue of life as we know it. We are doomed :eek: God help the next generation if they ever survive long enough to try and survive in this crazy new order. :(

Trump scares the living daylights out of me, but some people whose opinion I normally respect supported him. They saw Hillary as the greater threat to security and democracy. So I haven't a clue what's going on, nor how it can be fixed!

As the Observer Headline today put it: he is ignorant, prejudiced and vicious.

I am horrified that Theresa May is cosying up to him and refusing the condemn the travel ban which is just outrageous.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/171928

If he does come there will be the mother of all demonstrations in London. I have never demonstrated in my life, but I will start with this one.

I cant believe that with all those millions of people in the states that it came down to two candidates. What is the world coming too.

Words can't express what I think about this odious, deranged, self-important man. How on earth could this happen? Minorities, women, the "ordinary" people who for some unknown reason think this most un-empathetic of humans is going to make their lot in life better are all deluded. They, and most importantly the TRUTH lost out the moment he won.

I was really upset by Brexit, but the thought of this man being in charge of the most powerful nation on earth beggars belief. I'm glad I'm quite old. I've not had a bad life!

I'm reserving judgement, I don't like the man but continuing on the same path of comfortable decisions hasn't been getting us far in some respects, like the wars that have been rumbling on for decades.
I think of Albert Einstein saying;
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Perhaps its time for a change, scary as that may be. One up for me is the likelihood of job security, he's already put that in motion.

Nearly 1 million have already signed the petition. A friend of mind is Iranian. Grew up in the UK, has dual British and Iranian passports. Is now a photographer in NYC and a legal US resident. She happened to be away when then ban came into place and she cannot go home!!! Back to her family, apartment, job and life.

The man is fu##ing insane. Ignorant, vicious, power crazed, deluded and cruel. He lies like he breathes.

He is heavily censoring all government FB pages, websites and publications. All mention of climate change has gone for example. America famed for its commitment to freedom suddenly looks like Orwell's 1984 or the worst propaganda states around the world.

In response alt-accounts have been set up across all govt agencies to keep the truth out there. These unofficial accounts will continue to publish facts and the science which is no longer officially available.

Follow their twitter feeds and FB pages if you want to keep informed or just want to show support. The goal is for more people to follow the alt-accounts than the official ones!

I am not saying anymore about this as NR is not the place for politics but as some people have expressed their fear and anger I am just directing those interested to the main sites of resistance in case they want to channel their fear and anger in a positive way.

newrider.com