Nervous Nelly

Tina2011

Mar 23, 2012
Gateway to europe
For any one out there with nervousness or confidence issues, believe me it doesn't get any worse than this.

As most of you know I am moving the horses tomorrow. I am excited and feeling positive of the whole thing but boy am I nervous. I am having the 'fear of the unknowns' and feel almost paralyzed. I just can't get on with anything. I will be so glad when its all over, talk about a battle with my head.

My rational mind is telling me it will be fine and even 'better'. Common sense and experience tells me there will be nothing I can not over come.

I am such a silly cow! Tbh I would be less nervous if I had to do the National at Aintree or Badminton whilst in labour lol. Someone hit me over the head with a club hamper:giggle:

REPEAT THE FOLLOWING MANTRA: All will be well...........all will be well............deep breaths, on the outward breath imagine your lovely horses all munching happily in their new environment. Relax.............do nothing.................sleep (afternoon naps rock!).

I didn't sleep the night before I brought ours home to live. I found the whole thing quite traumatic - I was worried sick about every last detail. Good job I had some help!!! You've got two people to help you right? I will send you some "virtual" help via vibes tomorrow...............

Blimey, Tina!

When you think of all the things you are balancing in your life - family, mum, horses, managing lifestyle why are you worrying? (I know - we can't help it can we, there's no logic to nervousness.) You cope with so much and are a self-confessed strong minded and capable woman.

Don't panic Mr Mainwaring.......... The day will pass at exactly the same speed and everything that needs to happen will happen whether you worry about it or not. It's a big move, and a big step for you and your equines. But I'm sure it will go well. You are doing it for a reason.

By the end of the day tomorrow hopefully they will be all be in and settled. I'm another worry wart - my mantra in these circumstances is "Expect the worst. In the end it might turn out better than you think!" Good luck.

Thanks Trews, I am the worlds worst nightmare lol, totally bonkers! I give up today, I was going to go up and groom and spruce up the lot of them, (as any normal person would) as they have been in the 'weedy field' without rugs most of the winter and look a total fright, even though they are well and bright eyed any bushy tailed, minus forlocks (tangled burdocks) lol, but it is so windy,and so muddy, and I feel paralized with fear (silly women) no doubt I will be up at dawn tomorrow and do it all then. I can't have them turning up at a new place looking like a load of 'Pikey ponies' with an uncaring mum, it would not be a good start.....I spend too much time thinking about what others think I suspect? My ex landowner (now a good friend and a total brick) is coming with me, even though I am unsure who keeps the other going (we are both mad) my sharer is coming as well with baby in tow (should be interesting) she is very willing but tyed with the littlun so she is on coffee duty, prayers and hand holding lol (or may be something stronger. Can't beleive I am in such a flap, what a ridiculous fool. It will be fine I am sure

Blimey, Tina!

When you think of all the things you are balancing in your life - family, mum, horses, managing lifestyle why are you worrying? (I know - we can't help it can we, there's no logic to nervousness.) You cope with so much and are a self-confessed strong minded and capable woman.

Don't panic Mr Mainwaring.......... The day will pass at exactly the same speed and everything that needs to happen will happen whether you worry about it or not. It's a big move, and a big step for you and your equines. But I'm sure it will go well. You are doing it for a reason.

By the end of the day tomorrow hopefully they will be all be in and settled. I'm another worry wart - my mantra in these circumstances is "Expect the worst. In the end it might turn out better than you think!" Good luck.

You are absolutely right, someone just tell my nutty head that lol. I love the 'don't panic Mr Mainwaring' thats my situation to a tee!

I used to work on a lovely livery yard years ago, Very Posh! When we had new liverys arrive they would be in all sorts of states from immaculate ( as they had 0 turnout hence moving to us) or completley caked in mud ( as came from a bog swamped field hence moving to us)

Nothing mattered !!

where you moving to Tina, sorry I missed the post.. I hope it all goes well anyway :smile:

Lol, when we moved yards years ago, I even bought new fleeces for our pair - how daft, cos on the day they didn't really need them!! Storm's is still in pristine condition (lovely lilac colour) she never seems to need one much.
I know everybody keeps telling you to relax etc, but it will be hard until they are safely deposited in their new homes. Tomorrow night you can just Zzzzzzzz in peace..........

Lol, when we moved yards years ago, I even bought new fleeces for our pair - how daft, cos on the day they didn't really need them!! Storm's is still in pristine condition (lovely lilac colour) she never seems to need one much.
I know everybody keeps telling you to relax etc, but it will be hard until they are safely deposited in their new homes. Tomorrow night you can just Zzzzzzzz in peace..........

Yes that it Trews, roll on tomorrow night. I've done that before with the rugs, they sweat up like nobodies business lol

It will be fine! It is the first few days I can't bear. Not having a routine, not knowing what my routine will be - how sad am I!!

Yes spot on Sip, its all the unknown factor and getting used to new things, funny I am not worried about the neds at all, they are such good girls in every way, good job with me for an owner I suspect.

Thanks everyone I am a real plonker I know, small wonder Cherie is 'in charge' bless them and love them.

So silly, everyone is so nice, old place and the new place and I am more than capable it is too daft to believe.

Thank you again for everyone putting up with my rambling, I find these sorts of things really hard, don't ask me why, no reason

You should have read one of my threads a few years ago when I moved Joe and Storm up from the front field to their new stables lol. And that was here at home - not even moving yards as such! What a worrier I am. I drove everybody nuts on here asking all kinds of doofus questions about their new stables and how to do this and that............hehehehehhee. They were fine, it was me that worried. Even Storm who is naturally suspicious just went in and started eating!

newrider.com