Need some outfit advice please -final thoughts

MrA

Feb 8, 2012
I've bought this dress for a casual but important meal and it's a bit too fancy once on!

How do I dress it down? Was planning to wear some heeled boots, maybe with leggings but what colour? Black makes it all a bit too dark. And then I need a jacket or something, thinking either just wear a hoody to really dress it down or some sort of brown cargo jacket thing.

Any input please? Screenshot_2017-11-10-19-53-48.png

I've bought this dress for a casual but important meal and it's a bit too fancy once on!

How do I dress it down? Was planning to wear some heeled boots, maybe with leggings but what colour? Black makes it all a bit too dark. And then I need a jacket or something, thinking either just wear a hoody to really dress it down or some sort of brown cargo jacket thing.

Any input please? View attachment 89880
Hmm... you could go for a jacket, leggings and either short boots with a heel or mid knee length boots. I would say

Reactions: Trewsers and MrA
No clue sorry, but I like the dress! Dorothy Perkins have some nice stuff.
It's really nice, first thing I've bought from them and it's very comfy and well made for the price. Impressed!

Hummm...............I'm really trying to think but a) I'm 48:eek: so any suggestions from me won't be ok for you:p:D b) Just realised I only know how to do jods and things:rolleyes: c) its our 25th wedding anniversary on Tuesday, best get my act together otherwise I'll be in the restaurant still with jodhpurs on:oops:
Have a great time Ms Ale:cool: YOu'll look stunning whatever you wear:) xx

Reactions: Trewsers
Hummm...............I'm really trying to think but a) I'm 48:eek: so any suggestions from me won't be ok for you:p:D b) Just realised I only know how to do jods and things:rolleyes: c) its our 25th wedding anniversary on Tuesday, best get my act together otherwise I'll be in the restaurant still with jodhpurs on:oops:
Have a great time Ms Ale:cool: YOu'll look stunning whatever you wear:) xx

I only know how to do jods/cycling stuff! Thank-you and I'm sure you'll look amazing, enjoy your anniversary! :)

Reactions: orbvalley
I would team that with thick blue tights / leggings to pick out the blue at the top, black ankle boots or shoe boots and a blue wrap/ shrug/ short cadi.
Or as the above but in silver/ pale grey.
Gorgeous dress.

Reactions: MrA
Why is it too dressy? The bare arms?
Have had similar problems so have couple of black cardigans, plus a Zara filmy lacy black top etc which would cover your arms. I do have an oldish black jacket and a flowered one but the blue pattern will be spoiled with a jacket and make it too like office clothes, I think.

Reactions: MrA
Haven't got any tights yet but I like the idea of a dark blue :) don't think the boots really work but the other ones you can see in the pic are not really me...

Screenshot_2017-11-11-08-54-48.png

I also have a black cardigan which may look better once I have blue legs :D

Love the dress and the blue tights idea. Whilst I'd wear it with a cardi or a shrug, I think for someone as young and slender as you, especially with that gorgeous long hair, those brown boots and a short casual jacket in a leather type material, to match the boots, would funk it up a bit and make it less dressy. You could so get away with the rock chick look :cool:

Reactions: MrA and Trewsers
newrider.com