Need some ideas of where to start looking..

MrA

Feb 8, 2012
To move to.

Top priority (for me) is somewhere with decent yards and cheaper the better really.

Can't be the other end of the country (sadly) as family are all in London so only somewhere that is max a couple of hours away.

Not in the middle of a huge city/town but not out in the middle of nowhere for my boyfriends sake.

We can only budget for about 120k when we do eventually buy. And would ideally like to get 2 bedrooms for that.

Any ideas would be really helpful, would just be good to see what sort of jobs are going in certain areas but really not sure of where to start.

For cheaper house prices you will need to look north of London rather than south. I am in Hampshire and house prices are sky high. What about midlands area - Bedford/Northampton. My in-laws live in that area and house prices are much lower compared to where we are.

There are some lovely market towns in Suffolk and Norfolk, I can be in London Liverpool Street in an hour by train, or about 50 mins drive to the tube at epping as I'm right in the middle and £120k buys a 2 bed house in lots of them. Livery starts from about £20 pw but there are fields for all year turn out often starting at £10 pw, lots of fab riding and competition venues but you normally need transport unless you're on a bigger yard, we can also get to ridable beaches in about an hour. I moved here from Hertfordshire for the riding and the house prices as you get more for your money.

From an investment point of view I'd be looking at villages that are going to be handy for the HS1 route (but not where the route is likely to cut straight through your yard/hacking lol). I think house prices will increase once the route to London is open. Now's the time to buy!

Reactions: Kite_Rider
Thank-you everyone, really helpful replies and lots to think about.

I'm really not sure my boyfriend is going to come with me and if not I will end up going a lot further away where my money will buy more :)

Reactions: Gimp
newrider.com