Need some "good luck" NR vibes!

bitsnpieces

Aug 22, 2007
OH and I found ourselves visiting our nearest Dogs Trust yesterday...and we found a very sweet collie cross!! He's a little unsure of himself but nothing that a bit of bonding and training won't fix.

We've got our home visit booked for Thursday, so keeping our fingers crossed that we pass! If all goes well we can bring him home on Saturday.....am really trying not to get too excited, just incase we don't pass the home visit, but can hardly sit still!

He's such a lovely little dog, would be great if we can offer him a home!

oooo how exciting! our collie came from our local dogs trust, i look at him now and think he is a completely different dog to back then!

Sorry for leaving it so late for an update (my subs ran out!)....

He's home!!! We had our home visit last Thursday then picked him up on Saturday morning.

So far so good, he's an absolute doll. Definitely needs some confidence building work and the training needs a bit of refining. He looks for permission to breathe, but he's relaxed in these first few days so that is promising. He has no idea how to play, we had to coax him to eat out of his bowl (I'm not sure if he's been taught to eat on command and I haven't given the right one yet?), he's clearly not been allowed in the kitchen before and is petrified of being shut out in the garden over night. You can tell he's a really honest dog, but has maybe been given mixed signals in the past so knows when when you want something, just gets in a panic when he doesn't know what it is.

He's been great with the cats, even when Squeak was insistantly antagonising him! Not a grumble out of him. So really can't fault him at the moment.

Looking at his paperwork he's been through the mill a bit, he'll be 5 in Dec, has been through the Dog's Trust twice, is blind in one eye (cataract) and was hit by a car in August! Thankfully no damage done though.

Just so glad we've given him a home.

hehe, how could I forget a piccy :giggle:

47E02E96-9948-4889-AEE2-00BDF441E3C9-13981-00001AE47E3AD74A.jpg

awwe poor boy what an ordeal hes had, sounds like hes landed on his paws now! He looks adorable, what a sweerheart ! Hope he settles in well and builds up his confidence x

newrider.com