Need NRs help: Bridle shopping

Skyhuntress

Trying to escape reality
Apr 26, 2005
Alberta, Canada
hidden-identity.net
I am desperately looking for a nicely made dressage bridle - in oversize.
I'd really prefer eBay but am not finding much luck (although if someone does find something, let me know)

Here are the requirements:
-it needs to be black
-it needs a flash attachment
-it can't be thin leather. I prefer padded, as he's a very large boy and can't do very delicate
-crank noseband would be a added bonus (not needed, but I like the look of it better!)
-biggest requirement is that its a warmblood/oversize bridle

Any suggestions on brands, ect, would be greatly appreciated

I do really like the first one-might be something to look into. And it comes with bling! . Unfortuntely, the passier might be a little bit out of my buget, unless i can find it cheaper. And we have a couple of warendorfs at my barn...they don't fit his massive head :( ;)

thanks!

My favorite bridle ever was a Courbette (don't like their saddles anymore but that bridle was awesome!) black padded dressage bridle.
It came with a flash attachment which I had to carefully shave off with a razor blade... ;)
It's super soft. Maybe because it was used? It's still lovely 7 years later. I think it retailed for around $200 back then and I got it used for $80.
If I was looking for another I'd probably check out that brand.

Oh nevermind. It only comes in Full Size - not Oversize so probably not for you...

Last edited:
karen, someone else had suggested the corubette, but I wasn't sure about the wear on it? did it last you a while?

I like the stubben, except with the extra size, it would cost me about $260 + shipping, which is out of my budget :(

stubben have a huge range, try ebaying a search in your country, the 1000 isnt very thick, i have a 1005 and its quite fine.

you cant beat them on price ect.

I have the sabre cordoba bridle and I love it. It is a padded comfort bridle and the extra full is plenty big enough for my horses stonking great head. I have the one with the brass buckles and chain insert brow band. Was about £200 with the reins.

karin, someone else had suggested the courbette, but I wasn't sure about the wear on it? did it last you a while?
:(

I've had it for at least 7 years and I don't know how old it was when I got it but it really has held up well. In pre-baby years I took really good care of it - always in the bridle bag, always clean, etc. In post-baby years it got a bit dusty and even damp at times but it still held up really well. I've been using Leather Therapy products on it for the last few years in case that makes a difference. It's really the pliability of the leather that I like best. So many bridles are stiff as a board.

newrider.com