Nearly the whole household is disgrace!!

popularfurball

Learning all the time
Jul 18, 2005
North west
Remarkably OH is the only one not in disgrace so far this weekend.. Let's see what tomorrow brings!!

Patch has had four baths in two days as he keeps rolling in chicken poo and there is absolutely nothin I detest the smell of more! And I've smelt some pretty grim things!!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399238328.133395.jpg

Then the chickens think it's summer rave time and I can't catch the (now quite big egg laying!) babies to put them away for the night!

And second to top of the List is madam - thy have to come in for worming this week so I decided to ride her part way back from the field and lead pig. This is always a decision made on how co operative they were being but they were both tired and calm in the sunshine... Or so I thought!!! No sooner had I got on her (bareback with head collar) had the pair of them spotted an open gateway and off we went...

I have no idea how I Stayed on as long as I did!! We got up to a flat out canter, with pig in tow going down hill, grass up to her knees and her head in the air so I couldn't see anything. I decided to do a dismount at speed and hopped off and let the pair of them go - was quite chuffed as I landed on my feet but then promptly overbalanced landing face first in the long grass :eek:

I catch madam (she redeemed herself at this point a little!) and tied her to the fence post. Pig on the other hand? It was like chatter happy ponies as he trotted off into the sunset! There is an electrical pylon in the field which is being rebuilt and he was jumping the low wires for fun - I meanwhile was panicking!!! I didn't want to go near the pylon lines but I needed to catch him! Twenty minutes later I caught him and we trundled off to the yardImageUploadedByTapatalk1399238947.736302.jpg

They are in the cow pen for a few days so she has more space to move (so she doesn't stiffen up hopefully). So someone kindly offers to hold rascal, and I said not to worry as he was being a pest but they insisted - next thing I hear her squeal and he is bouncing, like tigger beside her :eek:

I grab him and drag him in the cow pen where he starts cantering back and forth like a Race track! I grab some hay to try and calm him down and as I open the gate he steam rollers me into the cows muck heap and vanishes into the summer field...

Why do I I have animals!!!!! Naughty animals!!

I'm sorry, I'm not going to lie, I laughed a lot at this post :giggle:

Glad you seem to be relatively unscathed and I'm sure they'll make it up to you soon and you'll remember why you have animals, even if they are very, very naughty sometimes!:wink:

I laughed too :redcarded: I have visions of silvers legs off at 200mph and you clinging on for dear life :tongue:

Naughty naughty animals :giggles:

Do they ever give the butter wouldn't melt look after they have been naughty? (may be difficult to see in the hens...)

I laughed too :redcarded: I have visions of silvers legs off at 200mph and you clinging on for dear life :tongue:

As we were going down hill I slipped right over her withers and onto her neck - so although I was upright and still only holding onto lead rope I knew if she tripped or dropped her head I was going over the top and being trampled!!! I couldn't turn her or anything... Just waiting for YO to find out they have trampled his hay cutting field.... Oopsie!

Naughty naughty animals :giggles:

Do they ever give the butter wouldn't melt look after they have been naughty? (may be difficult to see in the hens...)

Yes - I walked them inhand back to the yard where I recounted the episode and they stood snoozing in hand!!!! I looked like an utter liar!! So in a funny way I was grateful that he started bouncing for the other lady and then tanked off!! Was not grateful for the cow muck though!!

Sorry but:biggrin: This had cheered me up! lol Glad you are okay! Norty nortyy animals! And why indeed do they give you the butter wouldn't melt look?! Ours generally do afterwards....heheeee
Me thinks a bit of spring fever come late!!!

Yes - I walked them inhand back to the yard where I recounted the episode and they stood snoozing in hand!!!! I looked like an utter liar!! So in a funny way I was grateful that he started bouncing for the other lady and then tanked off!! Was not grateful for the cow muck though!!

:giggle: they really try and make you look like you are making stuff up don't they?

One day Cyrus escaped from his field, they found him up the road munching nice grass surprise surprise and led him back down.

I tie him up outside his stable and what does he do, big yawns and acts all sleepy and innocent while I am checking every inch of him for possible injuries :giggle:

Funny, but I'm goad you got off safely - that's exactly his I got stepped on this time last year :(

I was certain I was going to be trampled as I couldn't work out how to get off - certainly shows how much my balance has improved but it would have done me some favours if is just tumbled!!!

newrider.com