Nearly 4 months carefully cocooning....

Cortrasna

Grumpy old nag
Aug 5, 2009
Ireland
Then an unplanned visit to the hospital in Ireland that has had the worst c19 outbreak over here ?

I had stupid accident yesterday letting dolly out. and bringing miller in to change his poultice. Not entirely sure what happened but slowly remeribg today. Anyway ended up in middle of yard bashed head as went down on concrete and generally trampled over.

Home now concussed and black and blue all xrsyed and scanned but have to remain in bed for couple days until head ache gone and stitches out sometime next week.

More scared could I have picked up c19 in there than anything else ?

Oh no lovely. Hope you havent picked up covid. You sound like youve had quite a knock. Hope you feel better soon. Make sure you rest up.

Reactions: Cortrasna
Oh hell, sending many many vibes for your recovery and that you haven't picked the nasty up. Loads and loads of get well vibes. Everything crossed you are okay.xxxx

Blimey Mrs you don’t do things by halves do you! Sending soothing and healing vibes for a speedy recovery, hopefully your hospital will have kept Covid patients well isolated from everyone else. Xx

Oh Cortrasna! Please be good and stay in bed, and even when you're up be very careful for a while.

I can understand the C19 worry, but realistically hospitals are being very careful so you should be fairly safe, and even if you aren't remember that in most people it isn't that serious an illness. But fingers crossed you never came in contact with the virus.

Gentle hugs, I hope you feel a lot better soon x

Reactions: MrC and Cortrasna
OMG Cortrasna I am sorry to hear this. I am sure the hospital won't have done you any more harm than the fall and the horses did!

Please do take it easy and look after yourself. Sending healing vibes.

Very upsetting when it happens with horses you know and trust. Buddy pulled me over and left me flat but fortunately avoided standing on me when he decided he needed to be let go before i had halter off! I had a good swear at the old bugger for being naughty as i went flat on my face. Take care lots of arnica.

OH wow - nasty, poor you. Look after the bumps and bruises, and worry about the covid later. Rest up and take it easy. ?

It’s frightening just how easily these accidents can happen! Look after yourself, or rather let husband and sons look after you, and allow yourself time to heal. Fingers crossed you haven’t picked up anything nasty.

I am sorry to read this Cortrasna.

Did you know that similar hapened to the trainer Richard Maxwell - bad head injury while leading a horse? And it is how my great aunt was killed in the days before hard hats. That's why I always wear a hat on the yard (and make grand daughter do the same) even tho it makes me look ridiculous.

I hope the healing goes well. That there is no delayed damage and that you dont ride again too soon. Because a further knock to the head before the first injury has mended can be even more serious, Dr daughter told me.The hospital told me six months. They also told me firmly that I should not stop riding. The medical staff didnt seem to understand that if I rode again, I couldnt guarantee I wouldnt get hurt again. But I hope your medics told you the same, as riding is perfect exercise for older people.

As far as Covoid goes. It seems one doesnt catch it by going to hospital for non-covoid treatment. . You ought to be fine. We hope so.

Thanks all head better today but still struggling with tec stuff trying to keep myself amused bored stiff in bed.yes skib hospital said will take awhile but can ride again in about 4 weeks as higher risk if hit my head again, he did say as I had ridden for all my life he would not dare to tell me not to now ? u liked him very much lol ? family not so much but ignore them they know nothing ?

Thanks all head better today but still struggling with tec stuff trying to keep myself amused bored stiff in bed.yes skib hospital said will take awhile but can ride again in about 4 weeks as higher risk if hit my head again, he did say as I had ridden for all my life he would not dare to tell me not to now ? u liked him very much lol ? family not so much but ignore them they know nothing ?
Better than the nurse I saw when I did my ankle in. "Well no wonder it's swollen and painful. You're still tending to your horses?!?!" Well yes, they haven't quite mastered the tap, or the feed bin lids, and as for the gate padlock, they're completely useless....

Oh no, hopefully you can keep yourself entertained so your not tempted to do too much too soon. Looking at screens can be difficult and aggravating with a concussion, definitely take it easy, healing and anti COVID vibes coming your way.

newrider.com