Naughty Tobes!

sjp1

Sep 14, 2009
Am not sure why I own such a very naughty horse, and why I deserve it!!!

For the last week (since clocks changed), lovely fellow livery who owns girlfriend who Tobes is in with has been collecting them from the field.

Tobes has apparantly been refusing to go into his stable. I suggested that with me, he and his girlfriend come in together, I tie girlfriend up and wash Tobes feet off, put him away and then do girlfriend.

Fellow livery has followed this procedure and Tobes refusing to enter stable.

I bought them in last night as weekend and am here. Tobes decided this trick was the one to continue with. I asked nicely, he refused so he got a wallop with the end of the 14" line on his everso large bottom, and decided to concur. Tonight, with me, he walked in like a little lamb, no planting and no avoidance. WHY does he have to be so difficult and try it on with people?!!! Annoying fellow livery who is YO's daughter and ever so up her own backside and generally an awful person, said he had behaved like that for the whole week. WHY!!!! He never ever did this with me for the previous several weeks they came in at night when the rain started. SO embarassing, and makes me think I cannot wait to move back to the farm so it is only me he has to deal with, and he never does this! With YO last year bringing him in, he was apparantly EXTREMELY naughty - so much so, she clearly whacked him around the head as he started being headshy. Why can he just not behave with everyone else!!!

Haha he is just too smart for the average joe ;) quirky horses are fun, it will be nice once you get him home though
My thoughts exactly, he just knows it's not you and is just testing I expect, clever boy.

YO told me that poor fellow livery last week spent 20 minutes one evening trying to get him in to his stable??!!!

He is SO naughty and wilful that it really shouldn't make me laugh, and it doesn't because if we don't move pronto, no one but me and 12 year old youngest YO's daughter (who is very fond of him and who he likes as well) is going to want to deal with him!!! He was extremely naughty last year with YO who clearly tried to wallop him in the wrong kind of way because he then proceeded to rear and box at her. Needless to say both she and her slap happy older daughter with her uncontrollable temper are now scared of him - GRRR!!!

Have now started putting tiny feed in bucket in stable so he might be more amenable for fellow livery to go in!!

newrider.com