National Equine Database

jovi_y2k2

Apr 5, 2002
South Yorkshire
I have to thank LibbieB for reminding me of the NED! I'm trying to trace one of my old ponies and I've found her on there (but no details of her whereabouts unfortunately) but I have been able to print out her ancestry which is nice for me to keep and I've also had a nosey at one of my other old horses.

I used to own a TB mare and at first I couldn't find her on the NED but I could find her parents, I was worried she wasn't on there because she had been PTS, the lady who I sold her to had a troublesome couple of months with my horse (through no fault of the horse) resulting in her threatening to sue because I'd miss-sold her :(:( anyway I eventually found her! and she's had 2 foals :smile: it also looks like she is still with the same lady as her name has been changed to incorporate her surname and one of the foals has her first name as part of the registered name!! quite relieved actually!! Hopefully she's still happy and having a good life. Off to look up one of the foals now as it looks like he's got a bit of a racing career, would be good to find some photos!

Not wanting to rain on your parade but the info on NED isnt alway correct, its only feed the details from the passport agencys - if info with them isnt up to date then neither will NED.

Mine for example is on NED twice........... :banghead:

I've dug up my old TB mare's ancestry that I had at home and it's definitely her, been having a nosey at one of her foals and he's raced and the owner is the same. I'm glad she's with the same woman because she was a lovely mare, she had her problems when I got her and we'd worked through them and she was turning into a lovely riding horse. She was always a little hormonal so maybe having babies has calmed her down at bit! :biggrin: I feel like a bit of a detective! it's interesting what you can find when you know where to look!!:nerd:

Just waiting in hope now that the ads that I've put up about my old pony will generate some info about her.

Nice to hear that you found your mare on there.

I tried to find Harvey's past before I bought him but have had no luck. Advertised in the back of horse mags, horse trace website's etc but no-one has ever recognised him. Doesn't help I bought him from a dealer who got him a new passport and changed his name. Don't even know if he's from the uk or if he was imported from ireland.

Is a shame as I'd have loved to have known his past and the way he is shows he has been loved by someone once.

newrider.com