NAF itch stop cream

Remmy

Administrator
Nov 8, 1999
uk
Think that's what it's called! The pink very nasty smelling stuff?

How exactly are you meant to use it? The first time I put it on (horse not me:rolleyes:) I rubbed it in deep between hair on the mane and tail. Not actually sure now if that's correct. And... could taste it for days in my mouth... yuk!

Any suggestions please:confused:

I think it smells ok compared to other creams :confused:

I don't rub it into the mane etc, but then mine normally have fly rugs on. I use it for faces, sheaths & legs but if I'm riding & it's midgy I'll smear it along the crest, along the underneath of the belly & just above the tail. I also put it anywhere that's already itchy as it does seem to help.

I also use it on me if I get bitten, it works! So much so that some of the kids at the yard will "borrow" it to use on themselves. But you probably don't want to know that if you hate the smell :p

Eugh.... can't imagine using it on myself on purpose:eek: It says on the pot that you should use gloves to apply. Didn't know if the nasty smell was the Deet in it. I used bare hands though (stupidly) and it took days to get rid of the smell and I was actually sick when I cleaned my teeth that night:eek: as the taste was stuck in my mouth.

Are we definitely talking about the same product LOL! Mines in a white pot with green writing and the cream is pink.

Yes, definately the same stuff. I can't see why they say use gloves to apply, after all Deet is in loads of human fly repellants, but maybe it's a legal thing (ie product not licensed for human use).

newrider.com