NAF D-itch?

kirstie

Dec 6, 2005
North East
Amba is going through the stage of itchiness and is continually itching mane, tail and coat. She's been fine the whole summer but this last week she took loads of mane away, tail not so bad and her hindquarters are slowly becoming hairless.

Bertie is making a mess of him tail and a bit of him face as well.

Now i'm making my yearly stop to Ride-away as you do, and was looking at their supplement page and noticed D-itch. Has anyone tried this before? Or preferably another supplement which Ride-away will stock. :)

Click for D-itch supp

Her hind

DSP02-09-07_19_09.jpg

DSP02-09-07_19_091.jpg

DSP02-09-07_19_092.jpg

Cheers

I tried it for kia and it didnt work.

he suffers from sweet itch and it didnt work for him

I use killitch or switch for the midges which are out in droves since the weather got better. I would ask the vet to take a blood sample if you can afford it check for allergies.

Nikki xxxx

I've bought the killitch bottle but she still itched, i don't think it's sweet-itch because we've had a lot of midges and they haven't affected. And she usually gets covered in lumps, which shes hasn't and bertie has one. Thanks Nic :)

hi, not sure if it will work for you as that doesnt look like sweet itch but i highly recomend the stuff.

my pony suffers from chronic sweetitch and is the first in line to get new treatments from the vets - d itch is the only thing thats worked!

it a bit late in the year to use it too. for best results you feed 1scoop/day through the winter and bump this up to 2or3 scoops/day during the summer

I used it for a short while & it did seem to help a bit. I switched to Hilton Herbs Top Coat though because 1) he didn't like the taste & was starting to pick at his feed 2) NAF wouldn't tell me what was in it - I'm careful about what I feed him as he has a delicate stomach & what he's fed has a huge effect on him 3) it's expensive for how long it lasts

The rub patterns on her hind leg look strange, have you had a vet look at them or tried wahing them in something like Malaseb?

newrider.com