NAF 5* superflex or cortaflex?

teabiscuit

Moooo
Oct 21, 2005
Work
my lad needs a joint supplement

i've used the NAF 5* superflex liquid in the past and had good results, but wondered if cortaflex would be better.

opinions please :)
many thanks

My impression from everything I've read on the subject is that you get what you pay for, but that of course also depends on what your horse actually needs. I give mine cortaflex anyway :)

the NAF stuff is £30 for a litre, so isn't cheap. i think it lasted my horse 1 month.

how does cortaflex compare with that Yann?

i'm seriously thinking about giving the cortaflex a go. if i do i'll report back on which i thought gave the best results

A big tub of Cortaflex powder costs me £52, and at the maintenance dose is meant to last 120 days, which works out at 43p per day per horse. I don't know if it would be comparing like for like though, as I'm sure the liquid version is more expensive.

I've heard that the Cortaflex is more expensive, but that the superflex does the same job and is a little bit cheaper. I had Joe on Superflex, but I don't know how much good it did / didn't do as shortly after he was diagnosed with degenerative joint disease.

I used to keep my old mare on cortaflex and found it very good.When I sold her on her new owner changed to the supaflex and found it wasn't as effective and so changed back to the cortaflex which again worked better.

martini55 if you don't mind me asking where did you get the 980g for £49. I seem to only find it at £55

Girl on our yard uses cortaflex and her boys have both benefited from it

cortaflex is amazing; the results really do speak for themselves,a nd it's more economic than some people generally think, as it ids fed in very small doees.
:)

I understood that they may be same chemical but Cortaflex was a _variation_ of that chemical that's better absorbed into the bloodstream and hence taken up more at joints (PL where are you?). Hence it's more expensive.

So we bought the powder = slightly cheaper version of Cortaflex.

But from feedback on NR it seems to be a very individual thing, how much which version helps.

martini55 if you don't mind me asking where did you get the 980g for £49. I seem to only find it at £55

Girl on our yard uses cortaflex and her boys have both benefited from it

I got it from Conchies (at Rowanlea Riding School) just outside Dundee. I was a bit surprised at the price to be honest. I normally get it off the net for around the price you mentioned.

sorry Biscuit....I threw a spanner into the works:p

Vita Flex Equinyl Liquid
Natural Lubricant Supplement. Just 1oz a day provides 2,500 mg of glucosamine HCI and 875 mg of chondroitin sulfate.

newrider.com