My yearling (Indie) update with pics :)

K

Kate&TheHerd

well i seem to update my gorgeous cob often, so dont want my yearling to feel left out! shes approaching 2 (beginning of april) and i have owned her since last july. before this, she had done nothing. leading in from field to stable but thats it. she had an absess in her foot (before i owned her) and had to be stabled 24/7 for 2 weeks. she got very angry biting and kicking anyone who went near. subsequently she didnt want her back legs touched, i can pick them up safely now...well almost we are getting there. i have been doing groundwork and walking her, she is getting so good in traffic (except when coaches come hurtling at you, and dont slow down EVEN when you ask :rolleyes:) i have also started taking her into the box. she is a very brave soul who was unfortunately weaned too soon :rolleyes: but i forget all of that, we are making good progress. she is very brave and independent and i feel now, we have finally clicked. heres pics of my beautiful girl.

21022009008.jpg

21022009010.jpg

I didnt realise how much rubbish i have in my pockets!!

21022009011.jpg

21022009007.jpg

21022009001.jpg

21022009005.jpg

My 2 girls together :)

01032009007.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
She is gorgeous, & on a trailer already? :eek:.
My colt is just about letting us pick up his front feet - before he would strike out and try to bite you!

Well done, she has lovely colouring :)

Thank you :) Its taken me a while to get there and her to trust me, but its certainly worth it, always new obstacles to over come though!

newrider.com