My weekend (with pictures....)

Mary Poppins

Oct 10, 2004
Visit site
What a weekend I have had!!

On Friday night we were child free and had the most wonderful meal out followed by a bottle of our special champagne that we took home from holiday last year. Then on Saturday morning my husband joined me to a clear round jumping show. Ben was simply amazing. The jumps were only mini (we don't jump big) but he did them really well and kept them all up.

Then on Sunday (today) we did our 3rd prelim bronze BD dressage show, and gained a very respectable 63.6% and a 3rd place in our section. We now just need 2 more scores at 62% or over to qualify for an area festival.

Am totally exhausted now, but as you all like pictures, I thought I would share some of the jumping ones. I love these photos and I love my wonderful horse. I feel like the most lucky person in the whole world to own him.

upload_2017-4-23_17-22-53.png

upload_2017-4-23_17-23-43.png

upload_2017-4-23_17-24-12.png

Thank-you so much for sharing your pics they have really cheered me up. You both look fantastic over those jumps! Sounds like a brilliant weekend!

Reactions: Mary Poppins
Thank you for all your lovely comments. I am still buzzing from the weekend. We have worked so hard on both our jumping and dressage skills/confidence and it's amazing when the hard work pays off and it all goes well. I wish I could bottle his feeling and drink it when things don't go quite so well.

Love your faces in this pic, can tell how much you are both enjoying yourselves!

Thank you. It's amazing what a buzz I get from going over a 50cm jump!! I'm sure it's the same feeling that top showjumpers get when flying over 1m 40 fences. It's all to do with personal achievement and the relationship with your horse.

Reactions: MrA and orbvalley
newrider.com