My seemingly invincible riding boots have died

misty

Oct 6, 2016
Good afternoon and hello again It’s been a long time since I’ve posted! But my need is real today.

Three years ago, for the bargain price of £77 I bought this brilliant pair of Dublin riding boots. Since then, I’ve mucked out in them, ridden in them, trudged up to the field in them, through puddles, mud and other squelch. And they’ve never let me down! To prove what a good pair of boots they are they’ve actually died on the inside not the outside! And the lining has completely come away which has led to those rolling round on the floor with various people pulling at my legs and getting cramps trying to pull them off. One day I actually thought I was going to have to cut them off (it’s diffixult to explain why this happens but has a lot to do with the foot support inside etc).

Anyway I finally decided to ‘treat’ myself to some new ones...

OMG! I feel like I’ve tried on every pair of boots readily available on the market and I cannot find any that I can safely ride in and which I will not need to take out a loan to buy and that I can slum about the farm in doing jobs and wade through puddles in. And also which will fit my big fat calves!! This experience has given me a massive complex about my lower legs! I didn’t even think they were that big but I’ve tried on the rhinegold adjustable ones today and can’t even get the bloody things on with the adjusters completely undone :oops: I have spent my day embarressedly explaining this to sales assistants.

Please please please someone out there tell me there’s another affordable boot out there that I will be able to fit on my huge tree trunk legs :rolleyes:.

Thank you!

I have the gallop gately, they come in a wide calf too. Some people hate them but I quite like them, I only wear long boots when it's really wet out so they aren't everyday for me but they have been going almost 2 years and are very waterproof and pretty comfortable (not up there on the scale with ariat but not half bad either) and they were a bargain price.

Thanks Jessie! Funnily enough I was steadily coming to the conclusion that I should buy these too. Do you ride in them? I know you can ride in the Dublin Pinnacle which are basically identical. My riding instructor always goes mad about people riding in country boots (don’t know why) but I’m happy as long as they say you can ride in them haha. Annoyingly gallop don’t but Dublin do. But with them being basically the same boots I can’t see why not xxxx

Thanks Jessie! Funnily enough I was steadily coming to the conclusion that I should buy these too. Do you ride in them? I know you can ride in the Dublin Pinnacle which are basically identical. My riding instructor always goes mad about people riding in country boots (don’t know why) but I’m happy as long as they say you can ride in them haha. Annoyingly gallop don’t but Dublin do. But with them being basically the same boots I can’t see why not xxxx
I'll ride in anything that has a suitable grip (not too grippy) and a heel but I almost always have cages on my stirrups anyway :)

Reactions: misty
newrider.com