My kitten may never reach adulthood

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
Cali is totally mental, she has no idea shes a cat and wrestles the dogs, she bolts for the outside world every time the door cracks (not had jabs yet as was so tiny I didnt want to flea, worm and jab all at once) but last night she surpassed herself, she has shredded the carpet to my bedroom in my rented house [emoji35] any tips on patching carpets?
68f41877c5e46762c6ea29f266f049a1.jpg

My kitten was a loon ! Hes been going out now though and releasing his energy outside so things have calmed down muchly ! I live in the middle of nowhere though so theres less worries about him being out younger alough hes now 6 months old there about. He uses the kitchen window now as his cat flap and the house is again calm !! My dog is breathing a sigh of relief !!!

Mine were a bit mental too! How old is she? We did jabs as soon as they were old enough (12 weeks?), crushed the working tablets up and mixed in with dinner. Didn't bother with fleaing til after they'd started going out (5 months, after they'd both had the 'snip' as didn't want any babies from P, and Buzzy was supposed to not stray as far if he was cut :p ) but they've been out ever since. At about 7 months old, P scared off a few big dogs out of 'her yard' who have since never returned(!) but they're yard cats so have a barn or two to hide in, and a caravan if someone's up there, but these loony kittens do tend to chill out a bit more when they start going out!

She is about 12 weeks now, I got her at about 6weeks, my friend was told (long story but I didn't intend to get a kitty) she was 8 weeks but the vet agreed with me she was so tiny she must have been less, she was only 700g and crawling with fleas and had a belly full of worms.
I have had kittens before but this one takes the biscuit, she's mental, the poor dogs are constantly picked on.

Reactions: Gimp
Can't see them jessey. Both of ours were 6 weeks too.
P at 6 weeks - she was also small, note the size of the nutricat bag (it was the cheapest bag at the time!)

Buzz at 6 weeks and P at 9 weeks here, he was a bit bigger

Eta - yes, P is about to bat Buzz one round the head in this pic...!

Reactions: Jessey
Kittens are model anarchists! Could you get one of those sisal scratching posts to distract her from destroying the carpet any further? You can't patch the carpet really, so I guess it depends if replacing it costs less than the deposit...so not really relevant til you leave.

She is v cute. One of my cats rules the roost here - the dog submits to her! And yeah they have scratching posts but prefer to trash my lovely sofa and, for some reason, the landing wallpaper, instead!

Reading your replies and I realised said terrorist hadnt attacked me in about an hour..... she'd legged it outside when I was doing laundry, at least I know she won't go far yet!
She has a whole kitty play ground scratching thing my mum insisted on buying for her, she just Really wants to sleep round my neck or on my face hense I shut her out [emoji57]

newrider.com