My halloween ride (the pics are in)

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
Remind me again why I do this to myself??? :p

So I sent the invite via facebook to the local rider group I set up on there, but last night I discovered that somehow I made the event public and it went out to all of my friends :eek: cue panic stations :rolleyes: so I had to 'cancel' the event and remake it as a private one, hopefully disaster averted as we are limited to having 30 people there before the Forestry Commission consider it an organized event and we have to pay for permits and get event insurance etc.

Hopefully it all goes to plan, we have a meeting point set, the local photography club coming to take pictures, the social club ready for us to stop by for drinks (and they are even working on putting up a hitching rail for us :D)

Now just to hope that Jess stays sound and on the day I can manage her, Hank, all of us in costumes and potentially up to 29 other people to wrangle :confused: plus the extras just meeting us for a drink :D

Hope it all goes smoothly, sounds like you've got your work cut out organising it all. Hope everyone has fun!

Reactions: Jessey
Well it was a fun day yesterday though a little precarious at times :p I had a sudden realization yesterday morning that I had sewn Jess' mask onto her snaffle bridle.....large group, ponying Hank, carrying 'death's scythe' with questionable brakes was going to be interesting, so a quick switch to the Pelham, which meant double reins to contend with as well as everything else o_O:p I had really wanted to put her in her hackamore but it doesn't sit well with the noseband on the bridle everything was sewn to.

I tied an elastic strap to the scythe so I could sling it over my shoulder, that got interesting when I ducked a tree on the way to our meeting point and it got caught, pinged off, slapped Jess on the ass, flew over and bounced off Hank and I dropped my reins trying to catch it and not get strangled by the remaining end of the strap, as we all shot forwards :rolleyes::p

We made it to the meet up and there was an awesome turn out, there were 14 horses everything from an American mini that was smaller than Hank, up to a Clydesdale, it was awesome (I have pics of Hank with the 3 heavies; a percheron, a shire and the clydie but have to wait for the photography club to download them for me :D) the photography club had 5 photographers there and were brilliant :)

As we set off we managed to loose 4 horses...luckily I knew them all and they knew the area well and as 3 were on foot leading their horses (2 of the horses were being tits) I decided to carry on without them, they met up with us again at the pub though. Jess was super excited and decided to jog and huff most of the way :rolleyes: About half way round 2 riders wanted to go off for a canter (most of us were just happy to plod as there were lots of green horses, those not used to big groups etc.) so I gave them directions, follow the track on the left to the end and turn right, we will meet you at the end as we are going to go straight then turn left....a simple square....but no, they never appeared, so after a few minutes of loitering I sent the group on and went back to look for them as I was concerned as one of the riders is new to the area and had never ridden that bit of the forest before, I spent a good few minutes hooning about the forest and up the road between tracks trying to find them before eventually giving up and rejoining the ride, just at the same time our missing 2 appeared from totally the wrong direction :rolleyes: apparently the one who did know the forest insisted the other lass had it wrong and lead her on a wild goose chase to where she ASSUMED we would be crossing the road :mad:

The rest was pretty uneventful, and we made it to the pub bang on time for a beer in the sunshine :D

Not many pics yet as I have to pick up my memory stick from the photography club at their next meeting...hopefully Wednesday :D
22885750_10213676939454556_5429032463786662450_n.jpg
Hanks spider web and spider jockey looked more like mummy bandages by the time we reached the pub, and he had half the forest attached to it :p
22815095_10155236397643635_7625293478531294942_n.jpg
This is one of the photography clubs pictures, they sent it to me last night as a teaser :D
22853143_10155760220712246_3964678793388082773_n.jpg 22885812_10155759836817246_7069881476601743727_n.jpg 23032545_10155759837112246_1579736287016680469_n.jpg

Brilliant, I like Hanks costume the best :D but you all look fab! Well done for organising such a fab ride, great turn out!

Reactions: Jessey
Jess looks like the red horse of the Apocalypse! Brilliant! She. Is. So. Red

I want to kiss the Percheron too, but the one of Hank is my favourite, what a dude that pony is
There were over 200 pictures, this is just a handful :) Someone commented while we were there that Hank is now the mascot :D he loves all the attention.

Reactions: lauren123
newrider.com