My BEST birthday prezzie!

domane

Retired cob mum
Jul 31, 2005
I sat on Albi! :dance: AND we had a two-minute walk around!!! When he first arrived, back in 2010, I said to Dom that my 50th birthday prezzie would be to sit on him. Then he went to Nic's and I thought that was the end of that. THEN..... he came back! And I knew what I wanted to do. I'm VERY conscious of the fact that I'm still too heavy for him. I've been trying so hard to get as much weight off for today, for this specific reason... although obviously I am going to continue to lose weight. Nic is still a stone lighter than what I weigh now so Albs has never had such a heavy weight on him and I have to say, the little man didn't falter. He didn't wobble when I climbed aboard, nor did he seem to have any problems walking (with a tiny trot!) BUT that does not mean that I will be riding him regularly yet. He's only a baby and it wouldn't be fair, he's still bum-high and feels very "downhill" and with Sarah at a mere ten stone, that'll be enough for him for the time being....

But I was pretty chuffed...

He is a very pretty boy,and so clean looking!!

Sure a quick birthday sit on didn't do him any harm,hope you had a great day:smile:

That is fantastic :) You both look great- and Happy birthday!

I can't wait to sit on my Albie! Might aim for my birthday next year when he will be a few days off being 4.

I don't think you look too heavy for him at all (and I am not just saying that, I have a bugbear about people riding horses they're too big for.)

Thanks for all the lovely comments but you're supposed to say "Yeah, yer fat lardie, you need to lose at least two more stone...." or else how am I going to keep up my motivation??? :giggle:

How big is he, what makes you think your too heavy?
I know how much I weigh and it's all in my thighs and bum!!! :redcarded: He's about 14.1hh.... and bum high. As he's only 4 on Saturday, I'm hoping he'll grow another inch and then he's got lots of filling out to do for the next 2-3 years. He's got about 9.5" of bone. We keep our "hacks" short for him but whichever direction we go there are slopes involved so he's already muscling up from having to learn not to trot downhill with a rider on board but to walk carefully and balance himself with his extra load. He really doesn't like this and fights to run but his bum is starting to show us the rewards and each time he improves...

Last edited:
newrider.com