My 1st attempt at jumping!

ANN G

Aug 13, 2004
NOTTINGHAM
Visit site
Hi,
I had my 1st attempt of going over a jump today in the pouring rain and I've never felt so elated:D Ok my position needs work(lots of!) but it felt really good. I actually did some jumping including some basic xcountry a very long time ago so to go back to basics and not to fall off was great:cool:
My next lesson is next Tuesday so I'll be praticing my jumping position whilst sitting down, not quite the same as a horse but a girl has to do what a girl has to do!
I'm going to try some yoga as well to attempt to get more supple!
Any tips would be most welcome, thanks!
Ann

isn't it a great feeling?? Jumping ** first time! (or after a long time) i got 2 jump for my FIRST time last summer @ camp! IT WAS SOOO AWESOME!! (lol my position probably stunk though.. lol) i am going 2 start jumping (hopefully soon!) in my lessons though!

Yay you!

I'm taking up horse riding, and my first lesson is today. But I heard the nasty, nasty news yesterday that I was never going to be able to jump.

See, I was born with a cleft lip and palate, and my jaw and teeth and everything are very weak. My dad says that jumping is far too risky, as my face would just crumble if I fell.

It took ages for me to convince them to let me take up horse-riding though, so I'm not gonna fight them on this. Besides, I like my face...

And hey, I took up yoga this year too. It's piles of fun, and does supple you a bit. But it's also really calming and relaxing and things.

This was too long a reply. Whoops. Anyway, happy days!

Evelyn.

newrider.com