Must get over it!!!!!

holly&mickey

Jul 19, 2010
Seems that people at my yard don't like to hack out with me as I never get asked. It's always me asking them and when I do eventually manage to get someone out it's always very quiet :(

I am starting to learn to enjoy hacking alone though!! I guess I don't have much choice lol!!!!!

I have just ordered my reindeer ears for paddy and a santa hat for me ready for our xmas ride!!

I have red bandages and red numnah, jacket etc which I shall be using!! Might also put on my red and white polka dot PJ bottoms for laugh

Pointless post really!! :wub:

oh dear :( i would hack with you if you were on my yard!

and theres me moaning about my hacking friend the other day, at least i have people to hack with i suppose!

enjoy your xmas ride though, make sure you have a piccie taken!

oh dear :( i would hack with you if you were on my yard!

and theres me moaning about my hacking friend the other day, at least i have people to hack with i suppose!

enjoy your xmas ride though, make sure you have a piccie taken!

Thanks! I am happy to hack with anyone providing their horse isn't a nut job lol!!

Thanks, will deffo try and get piccies!! :)

I would hack with you! Maybe we should be a NR virtual hack where we all ride at the same time and pretend we are riding with each other!!

Love MP idea :giggle:

I always ride with the same couple of people but that is more because I have a young horse that people are weary of and a old horse that is a nutter

Seem to remember New Forest having a similar issue recently. Livery yards can be such funny places. I would just enjoy going out on your own for the time being. People change with the weather imo :smile:

Seem to remember New Forest having a similar issue recently. Livery yards can be such funny places. I would just enjoy going out on your own for the time being. People change with the weather imo :smile:

Ahh it's been the same for over a year so I doubt it ;-)
I do enjoy going out on my own when paddy behaves of course lol
Livery yards get on my nerves!!

Love MP idea :giggle:
I always ride with the same couple of people but that is more because I have a young horse that people are weary of and a old horse that is a nutter

My boy is young but he is safe! I just wish I knew why!! Never mind!

I would hack with you! Maybe we should be a NR virtual hack where we all ride at the same time and pretend we are riding with each other!!

hahaha yes!!

I am sorry - it isn't nearly so much fun hacking out alone is it? Are they very cliquey there?

You wouldn't like it at my place, there's just me and another owner. I ride weekdays during the day and she rides in the evening and at weekends with her 8 year old.

I love riding in my own because I'm never on my own, its me and Joy. Got a brilliant couple of hours out this morning with lots of canter and some jumpies. The perfect hack.

You wouldn't like it at my place, there's just me and another owner. I ride weekdays during the day and she rides in the evening and at weekends with her 8 year old.

I love riding in my own because I'm never on my own, its me and Joy. Got a brilliant couple of hours out this morning with lots of canter and some jumpies. The perfect hack.

Hopefully I will grow to be like you and prefer riding alone! :)

Virtal hack vibes :angel::angel:

I agree sometimes hacking with others can be quiet if your not a complete natter head. Go it alone. You can then go at your own pace. Canter where and when you want. Ye ha

I have not a single person to hack out with.....after almost always having company when I lived in the UK I did real miss it. But I think now I have grown used to it and quite like the solitude. I wouldn't say no to a hacking buddy now and then though.:smile:

I like hacking alone because its such an achievement for us after the crap we've been through to get there!
I'm also not good at hacking in company because I always had to ride behind with my sister for 10years and got so used to it that i automatically prefer it and my mate gets fed up shouting back at me and slowing her horse so I can keep up!

I went out on my own Saturday and managed my first solo village hack for couple of months which to be totally honest was an achievement but paddy was spooky and strong but I was nervous so that didn't help......eventually he was great and chilled out and we even had a canter on the way home :D

I am actually more nervous in company than without it.

As each person has to be in control of their own horse, I can't see that having someone with me is much help tbh and can sometimes be more of a hinderance than a help.

I am actually more nervous in company than without it.

As each person has to be in control of their own horse, I can't see that having someone with me is much help tbh and can sometimes be more of a hinderance than a help.

Yes I totally understand, this is why there are some on the yard I am thankful that don't ask as I wouldnt want to ride out with them anyway from what I have heard

newrider.com