Must be doing something right.

Kite_Rider

Cantering cabbage!
May 18, 2009
Today I was going to go for a hack, however, it started off here very foggy so decided to school instead, we practised a bit of the interdressage test I would one day like to do and part of that test is across the diagonal give and retake the rein, as some of you may remember we have been working on getting Belle to work properly, using her backend and balancing herself well today I gave the rein and she continued perfectly,carried herself beautifully and never wavered when I took the contact back. I'm so pleased and proud of her, although we've not done much what with the on off lameness and lgl issues I felt today an overwhelming sense of achievement. So much for you can't teach an old dog (or horse) new tricks. I love my golden girl.
I know to a lot of folk that's a trifle and probably something that is done every day but for her to come so far from the head in the air giraffe impression she always used to do with any kind of contact on her mouth it's massive for us. Just had to share. :D
Oh and I remembered to look up and where we were going and to keep my hands still and steady too, it feels like it's all coming together at last.

Last edited:
newrider.com