mum now thinks horses can tell the time :)

loopy1

Aug 14, 2009
she came up to visit me this weekend, and came to my field with me to feed my poorly horse and see my mini-herd

id told her i wanted to go at a certain time, so the horses would be down in the meadow nearest my makeshift feeding paddock and i wouldnt have to wait for the horses, and i told her they would be leaving that field at 6.30-7.15pm to head through the woods to a different field.

she thought i was talking nonsense until she saw the last horse-tail heading off towards the wood path at exactly 7.15, lol, she checked her watch as well!

now she thinks horses can tell the time :)

I agree they can. Muffin who has just turned one always comes in at 6.30 and you always have to go and get him.
Last night I was running late and didn't get to the yard until 8, as soon as he saw me he came running over to the gate (Which is a first) pushed his wayy out of the gate once I had clipped the rope on and dragged me up the hill into his stable where is dinner was waiting.

God the trouble i would get into if i was more than 30mins late bringing carn in at our previous yard especially if god forbid it was raining he would be pacing at the gate throwing his head around shouting hurry up mum
Then like the previous post soon as i clipped on the lead rope i was frog marched up to the yard so he could get to his dinner and bed :rolleyes:
He'll have a shock this year i've moved yards and hes living out all winter

God the trouble i would get into if i was more than 30mins late bringing carn in at our previous yard especially if god forbid it was raining he would be pacing at the gate throwing his head around shouting hurry up mum
Then like the previous post soon as i clipped on the lead rope i was frog marched up to the yard so he could get to his dinner and bed :rolleyes:
He'll have a shock this year i've moved yards and hes living out all winter

LOL - He is going to be in for a shock bless him.

Mine can definitely tell the time, especially in the morning.
I can hear them getting "restless" for breakfast and turnout - no lie-ins for me :(

newrider.com