Mudruckers V Muck boots

V

vimto92

Go on, through your views at me. Literally. I want to know which is best and why, I know about muck boots being more expensive, are they worth it?

The standard muck boots are not suitable for riding but you can get a riding version called the muck boot 'tyne' which have a heel and are designed for riding.

They are my favourite piece of winter kit as my feet are always warm when everyones freezing and they are also great to use as wellies. I dont know about the mudruckers but I would strongly recomend the muck boot tyne for riding and yard use. I thought they might be very slippy in frosty weather but I havent actually found this to be the case.

Mine are in there 3rd winter and still going strong!:D

http://www.derbyhouse.co.uk/Product...en-GB&ProductID=5080129&CategoryID=LadiesBoot
That version isnt suitable for riding in, although i know many people do ride in them i wouldnt class them as safe due to the sole.

http://www.robinsonsequestrian.co.uk/prod_images/MBTYNE.jpg
These are suitable for riding in as they have the correct heel. I saw these for sale in a 'localish' tackshop yesterday at £59.

I have the tynes, and theyre so comfy and nice to walk/ride in. Definately recommend paying the extra few pounds and getting these. :)

EDITED: Urghhh, double posted, apologies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks gyspygold and PL88!:D
Just wnated to know incase I decided to splash out on a pair.;) :)

i have the Joules muckboots. looooove them! really really warm! i ride in them (sometimes) but its probably not a good idea as my foot has to be squeezed into the stirrup and i cant fir my chaps over them. 10/10 for toasty feet though! i slept in them the time i stayed with curly colicking.....

I have the normal muck boots and when everyone else is moaning about cold feet I am toasty warm.

I have the riding muck boots and although I do ride in them ( I did today), nothing beats the feel you get with gaiters and paddock boots and if I had the choice, I'd would have probably gone for the mudrucker stylee as apposed to the Tyne version as they are slightly more comfier.

My main reason for getting the tyne's was convienance but the amount of time I spend washing the boots to ride them, I couldv'e put my gaiters and p-boots on.

I've probably not made your decision any easier, they both have their fab points and negative points.

I have the normal muck boots, definately keep my feet warm, ride in them sometime with half chaps but not very often, very comfy though :)

newrider.com