Moving Yards - And Finding One! (Essex)

BayBeau

Beau's Mummy!
Aug 7, 2007
Essex, UK
Hi everyone,

My mare is currently on part livery and I want to move her to a DIY yard so I can spend more time with her and get to know her better, also a few other little reasons but wont go into that yet.

I've had a look at a couple of yards, different facilties, different costs etc but I'm still struggling to find the right place, I'm more concerned that it's the right place for beau, somewhere where she will settle in well and taking into consideration other points such as good hacking, good grazing, good menage, professional YO...some yards I have been to don't have great turn out during the winter which I know is the same with a lot of places but I'd like her to be turned out as much as possible even for a few hours a day.
Also some yards get in early during summer like 4pm or 5pm and I dont finish work till 6pm.

Do I sound really fussy?!!! :confused:

If anyone knows any nice yards near Braintree, I'm willing to drive up to 20-25mins please let me know, I'm looking and looking but not having much luck, need a copy of the essex rider but the only place I can get to still has Julys issue :mad:

I thought moving house was stressful but I think moving yards beats it hands down!!

Any help much appreciated!! :D

xx

There are a few nice ones what's your budget? I live just up the road and have liveried down that way for a long time. :) also can tell you which ones to avoid ;)

lol the ones to avoid are most important!! ;)

budget really depends on the facilities, max DIY about £25 - £35 a week.

Which yard are you at?

I'm at private grazing at the moment, soon to be moving to Hampshire though, I have owned my horses for 6yrs and have moved stables a lot so have pm'd you what I know feel free to PM if you want any more info or if you want the lo down on anywhere :)

I'm not sure the new Essex Rider is out yet, I haven't seen it yet at Ingatestone. Hopefully someone on here can let you know about a nice yard, good luck.

Hmm maybe it hasn't, I've been in a few shops and they haven't had it, very annoying! I hope I find one soon, its seems like a never ending search!!

WHsmith in Braintree normally have it on the Thursday following the beginning of the month. Be warned there is only one local yard that regularly advertises in it, most are normally a long way away :)

I'll check in there on thursday but I havent seen it in there before, maybe Im not looking hard enough! I would have thought it would be somewhere by now!!

hello, just wonderingif you had found any livery yards in this area, or if there were any you had recommeneded to you? and did you move to the abbey in coggeshall?

newrider.com