Mountain Horse Sportive High Rider Boots

Spooky_b329

Mar 28, 2006
SE England
Hi,

I was given some money for christmas to buy a new pair of leather riding boots for competition etc.

I wanted to buy some mountain horse boots as the short boots I currently have for general purpose riding are really comfy.

These are the ones I was looking at;
http://www.mountainhorse.se/collection-fall2006/Footwear/SportiveHighRiderII.png

I went to try a pair on today, but found that they are a bit too long, and so catch the back of my knee slightly when I walk. However, the bloke in the shop said that they looked fine, and they will drop about 3/4 inch with wear, however not sure whether he was just saying that to make me buy them!

Has anyone else had any experience of this?

Thanks in advance,

Miss spooky_b329

yes they will drop a bit, I find the sportives dont drop so much cos they are not as baggy round the ankle as the normal ones. I think you can buy heel risers that you use like insoles if they dont drop enough. Mountain horse sell them.

Yes - mine have dropped a lot - I could'nt walk in them at first!
I did, however, get one of the girls to wear them in for me (she's a lot taller) - now I just love them!

I saw them in the shop the other day, they are lovely my favourite but they are quite expensive ..... :rolleyes:

Yes, they will drop a bit. My OH has just bought his second pair having worn the first pair out! I have the 'normal' High Rider, and love them. When I replace mine though, I want the new High Calibre ones with the SCS3 stirrup tread system.

newrider.com