motivation / feeling lazy

joosie

lifelong sufferer of restless brain syndrome
Oct 28, 2004
New Zealand
Day off today. Got up to feed and turn out the horse we have down at the house (yes I look after a livery on my day off, dedicated innit) and then paid Mouse a visit in the field - still in my PJs and wellies - then went back to bed for brekkie and spent the rest of the morning with curtains closed watching vintage Neighbours clips on Youtube :redface: It's now past 3pm and I've had lunch and I should really be going out to ride Dessie. She only works once a week as it is (on my day off) and I didn't ride her last week cos I wasn't feeling well and you need a fair bit of energy to deal with the little tank! It's raining now, not proper rain but that horrible insistent drizzle that seems to get you really wet without feeling it, and I'm all warm and dry in my PJs and I just can't find the motivation to go and ride. I know I deserve a day indoors for once but I feel so LAZY - and so guilty for being lazy!

I think we spend far too much of our lives feeling guilty Joosie, I think women are more predisposed than men, the best thing is to do what you feel like doing, your body is normally a good judge of what it needs.. so go with it... vegitate... guilt free:happy:

I think we spend far too much of our lives feeling guilty Joosie, I think women are more predisposed than men, the best thing is to do what you feel like doing, your body is normally a good judge of what it needs.. so go with it... vegitate... guilt free:happy:

This with knobs on!!!!!!! I always seem to feel guilty for having a slob day but shouldn't! Enjoy.:biggrin:

I know how you feel. I very rarely do nothing, and when I do I always feel guilty that I should be doing something. Enjoy your day off, you will be busy enough again tomorrow.

Yeah I am just the same. On the rare days I have completely to myself, I feel guilty if I sit down with a book instead of painting the bathroom/making jam/writing that best-selling novel/all those other things I mean to get round to but never find the time. ENJOY IT. On behalf of all of us who can't!

Nothing wrong with having the occasional 'slob' day. Perhaps your body is telling you, you need a rest. Hopefully you will feel re vitalised today:smile:

I know how you feel though, I hate having days like that, I feel guilty and then the next day there is double the work to catch up on:frown:

Some times though, you do just have to tell yourself to 'stop'. I am having a week like that atm. The last 5 weeks has been bonkers, I have been trying to do horses and home and husbands business and a part time degree (which is turning out to be very full time grrrr). I came down with a nagging cold/virus thing last week. This week I have less pressure, so I am trying to take some time out, but I keep thinking about all the things I need to do:help:

I wonder if people like David Cameron have slob days:wink::giggle:

I am having a lazy day today. Stayed in bed dozing till 9, had a shower, then made pancakes and icecream for breakfast yum! I have then been mucking around on the computer since, and don't plan on doing much more all day! Sometimes its nice just to chill out and do nothing!

newrider.com