Most embarrassing riding incident ever?

cinammontoast

Mar 8, 2007
Knee deep in muck
Following ForestGump's superb efforts, have decided to start a new thread as per title! Mine has to be my first ever attempt to tack up solo a few years ago: I eventually managed the bridle (nuclear physics would be a piece of cake!) then promptly put the saddle on backwards!!!! All this in front of loads of ancient old crones who'd been riding since Cromagnon man! Second was being so excited with my new block that I forgot to tighten the girth and obviously landed at my horse's feet-embarrassingly, that was this week!!!! :eek:Given I tack up sometimes twice a day without even thinking about it, I just fail to understand!!! Give me your worst (funny, not horrible!) moments...:D

Possibly the time I got my boot stuck in the mud, tried to pull it out, lost the boot, wobbled over into the leccy tape, got electric shocked, (now, imagine me doing my little windmill impression to try and stay up, kinda constipated expression from the electric shock, bootless and wearing a nice pair of Barbie socks I borrowed from my cousin) then falling -facefirst, what else! - into a cowpat.

Oh, all in front of my mother, some random hot farmer type man going past, YO, RI and both my brothers. Yay for me.

I have got into the habit of throwing my leg over my horses head to dismount, as jumping down seems to be less painful :rolleyes:. One day last year I did this and my waistcoat caught on the saddle and I ended up hanging from my horse for what seemed like ages:eek: Fortunately he stood still and my weight eventually pulled the saddle down enough for me to touch the ground and release myself, which I did in a casual, happens all the time manner incase anyone was watching:cool: Course if I had been thinking clearly, all I would have had to do was open the zip a bit on my waistcoat :rolleyes:

Possibly the time I got my boot stuck in the mud, tried to pull it out, lost the boot, wobbled over into the leccy tape, got electric shocked, (now, imagine me doing my little windmill impression to try and stay up, kinda constipated expression from the electric shock, bootless and wearing a nice pair of Barbie socks I borrowed from my cousin) then falling -facefirst, what else! - into a cowpat.

Oh, all in front of my mother, some random hot farmer type man going past, YO, RI and both my brothers. Yay for me.

the exact same thing happened to me
minus the barbie sock, falling face first in the mud, and the fit farmer :p
but i lost my welly in the mud and electric shocked myself

oh and the time a horse at my old RS spooked while i was on it, shot sideways and i was pretty much left in the air and then landed on my feet next to the horse haha, i laugh at myself everytime i think of it :D its like something from 'looney toons'

the exact same thing happened to me
minus the barbie sock, falling face first in the mud, and the fit farmer :p
but i lost my welly in the mud and electric shocked myself

oh and the time a horse at my old RS spooked while i was on it, shot sideways and i was pretty much left in the air and then landed on my feet next to the horse haha, i laugh at myself everytime i think of it :D its like something from 'looney toons'

Oh but of course. I didn't expect you to be so 'in' with the fashion scene like myself to be wearing THIS seasons Barbie socks! :rolleyes:;)

Obviously the jean splitting episode was one of the most embarassing things that have happened to me.

One of the others was when I had forest in hand up a road, I looked behind because there was a van to signal that it was safe to come past and as i looked back round again I got my foot caught up between Forests legs and tripped over. However I am pretty certain that forest had infact put his leg out infront of me to trip me over in public. :D

I jumped on our shetland bareback the other day who promptly did a full body shake and nearly had me off, i only stayed on by grabbing the fence! coming from someone whos ridden for 10 years and can sit pretty much anything!

At a fairly big agricultural show I decided to take Skippy for a paddle. We got to the river and there were lots of non horsey folks sitting around.

so....

"walk on Skippy"
"no"
"walk on Skippy"
"definately not"

people were starting to pay attention by now
"walk on Skippy"
"not going to happen mum"
"you WILL walk on"
"okay but dont say I didnt warn you"

He then walked on - straight into the hole in the river bed that I couldnt see. We both went right under, separated, surfaced and swam for the bank. At which point, he f***** off at a gallop back to the trailer and I had to walk, in full wet show shirt and jods mode, all the way back on my own.

Had to get the ambulance men to help me get my boots off. Long leather boots stick when soaked:D

At my first show my whole family came along to watch - I had 3 refusals at the first jump:eek: Then after 25 years of no riding at all and after my first lesson in the school I was so determined to swing my leg high enough over horses bum that I overdid it, overbalanced, and landed with a thud on my bum:eek: Luckily only person watching apart from RI was my son who couldn't stop laughing.

Soozy
x

mum tried to take a picture of me,
while a fit boy walked past looking at me as if i was strange
and then my mum being like amy he's way to told
+ he heard

EMBBARRSMENT

I'm sure there have been a few embarrassing moments for me - but can't remember one at the moment!

Think the winner so far is Skippy's mum disappearing under water. Did make me smile! :D Do you look back on it and laugh now? Probably not that funny at the time. :eek:

That is sooo funny!! Bless Skippy - you can't say he wasn't honest :D:D

At a fairly big agricultural show I decided to take Skippy for a paddle. We got to the river and there were lots of non horsey folks sitting around.

so....

"walk on Skippy"
"no"
"walk on Skippy"
"definately not"

people were starting to pay attention by now
"walk on Skippy"
"not going to happen mum"
"you WILL walk on"
"okay but dont say I didnt warn you"

He then walked on - straight into the hole in the river bed that I couldnt see. We both went right under, separated, surfaced and swam for the bank. At which point, he f***** off at a gallop back to the trailer and I had to walk, in full wet show shirt and jods mode, all the way back on my own.

Had to get the ambulance men to help me get my boots off. Long leather boots stick when soaked:D

I have loads. But the main one that will ALWAYS stick in my mind is.. Well i will just show you the picture and you can tell what happened afterwards...
ellla.jpg

I had my mum, brother, cousin, dad, boyfriend, two school friends and my grandad watching.....

I have loads. But the main one that will ALWAYS stick in my mind is.. Well i will just show you the picture and you can tell what happened afterwards...
ellla.jpg

I had my mum, brother, cousin, dad, boyfriend, two school friends and my grandad watching.....

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE You have my sympathy! Poor, poor girl... :D:D:D:p

These are all great but nothing compared to my embarrassment!
When me and puzzle went XC the first time, with every livery at the riding school!!, puzzle (i dont think) had seen a water jump before, and he didnt realise what to do, so he though of it like a huge bathtub, and decided to roll in it with me on him ( couldve been quite dangerous) but i jus swung my leg over quick and landed on my bum in the water, getting drenched! And puzzles tack was soaked including him. but it gave me adrenaline to get back on and jump evry other fence!!! whilst everyone was with my laughing so hysterically, they nearly fell off their own horses and everyone was getting it on film on their phones!!!!!!!!! hilarious i think NOT!!!

newrider.com