More stealing.... :mad:really ranting sorry...

joey_olop

I Love My Olops!!!!!
Jul 15, 2003
Sunny Slough!!
Visit site
I posted a few weeks ago about someone who took my £85 jacket whilst I was riding.

On Saturday morning someone took Blackies sweet itch rug & mask even though it was all postcoded up :(

Im absolutely fuming, I did what everyone said and called a meeting and we all spoke things going missing etc & now someone has taken his rug.

They all knew he hasnt been well & he had to wear all this to stop his bites from spreading over his body. I have a spare one but dare'nt put it on in case it goes missing.

We were due to move from this horrible yard on the 15th July but now we are going this Wednesday-I just feel we have been forced to go now & so upset that someone would do this to my boy, I havnt done anything to anyone :(

It is definately someone down there as our yard is set back from any roads-and knowone would drive down the drive to nick a set of gear all postcoded up.

Very upset Jo :( :(

it is horrid - report it to the police and tell them you have done so. they may think twice about doing that sort of thing to you or anyone else when they have pc plod coming up for a visit!

Hmm I dont see the benefit of this as they know if they use it on yard you will recognise it unless they planning to sell it on and use it else where. May be wise to invest in a padlocked trunk :)

Report it to the Police. Theft is theft! If the Police call then it could be just the wake up call that the thief needs to mend their ways.

Apart from that, keep a look out on eBay and anywhere near you that sells 2nd hand tack. Put a card on notice boards in local saddlerys etc describing your rug and jacket. If they have been offerd to anyone they might call you with some interesting info.

Hmm I dont see the benefit of this as they know if they use it on yard you will recognise it unless they planning to sell it on and use it else where. May be wise to invest in a padlocked trunk :)

Tell me about it-I already have a lock up thats padlocked-just cant wait to move people can be so upsetting :(

Report it to the Police. Theft is theft! If the Police call then it could be just the wake up call that the thief needs to mend their ways.

Apart from that, keep a look out on eBay and anywhere near you that sells 2nd hand tack. Put a card on notice boards in local saddlerys etc describing your rug and jacket. If they have been offerd to anyone they might call you with some interesting info.

Thanks for the advice-I am writing up cards to put on tack shops as we speak-and anyone from around berks, bucks, middlesex, hampshire if you are offered a rambo sweet itch hoody with the postcode "SL2 2PH" & a black fly mask with the same postcode please contact me!!

I doubt I will ever see the jacket again as it had no identification on it :(

It makes me wonder how on earth people can do things like this. We also have issues with stealing/borrowing without permission, but not to the extent of that, thankfully. It's not nice being on a yard where you feel that everything has to be bolted down or else risk it disappearing.

Here's hoping your new yard will be better.

Thats just plain awful.
Years ago they use to cut the hands off people who were caught stealing, its a pity in your case that they don't still do it. I'm sure you won't regrete the move.
(Slightly changing the subject, sorry)
I haven't had it happen yet thankfully, but I hear that rugs are being stolen off the backs of horses in particular new looking rugs. Although the theives don't tend to steal from the ones that have the postcode visable right across the rug. So if you can see the postcode 100 metres away on the rug when the horse is in the field you might be alright.

Dear dear! How can it be that they take it off THE HORSE??? I mean, thats bang out of order, especially that he needs it because he's ill. Have you an idea who it is? If so, don't just go by that.

At old yard someone on the yard stole a puppy:eek: They blamed it on me because I was joking about it because they where leaving it in a tackroom with no water or food. Obviously it wasn't me, but it got returned, and no one knew who it was.

It's ok, your going now, and you will feel so much better, trust me.

I know how it feels it happened to us.

Heres just a few things that happened to me at my previous yard which I left recently.

Brushes, riding hat, numnah and feed all went missing and on top of that some lovely tricks played on me and a few others that surely only kids would do

Some nice person once used my bridle and then removed the bit.

Someone tipped full bottle of cider vinegar into my garlic

Someone tipped full tub of another liveries garlic into my sugar beet

When I left there I left my straw (that I had bought and paid for )to my mates and someone used it who I gave no permission to.

that's awful, I read your previous thread about your jacket!

I'm so glad you are leaving the yard but I would most definitely phone the police - it might stop some other person getting their valulables take too.

Blimey! what a nightmare...

I would definately keep an eye on ebay

How awful for you. As someone else has said you must report it to the police and then, hopefully, something may get done about it.​

newrider.com