Molly died today

diplomaticandtactful

Apr 25, 2003
My first horse, my coloured cob Molly, pts today. Sudden colic symptoms, vet suspected it was sinister, and had the dreadful decision of dash to hospital with an old horse whose heart rate was going through the roof with limited prognosis or end it here.

So she is lying in the yard asleep.

I just can't believe it, bought her in 1994, she retired in 1997, was fit and well till today.

I am very sorry for you today. One cant stop lamenting - however old they were. And even tho one is sure it was right for them.

Bless you, it is a sad time, lots of love and hugs to you....its really horrid when a horse dies. They live long and you think they are going on forever then all of a sudden...an empty space. x

Very sad, and very brave and right of you to have ended her suffering there and then. Horrid as it is.

I am so sorry. There's been a lot of it about recently

Agreed you were very brave and strong when she needed you. Take care. She is a beautiful girl xx

at the weekend she was frolicking, galloping, playing, full of life. completely unprepared for it.

she had a good life, I am just so sad for her, as she hadn't seen a vet in YEARS and was so fit and well coming out of winter, good weight, not a thing wrong with her.

newrider.com