Missing my tank

Lissie

Jan 18, 2016
Missing riding my little power house, hopefully won't be back long until we're back hooning around.

Last time we went in the arena (I hardly ever use the arena just hack) she's such a tank of a pony!!
received_2445636688809832.jpeg

Hunting without Lottie isn't the same although I'm very lucky to have a ride but it's not the same and makes me realise how good Lottie actually is she hasn't even thought of refusing all season and we've jumped everything from trappy rails, big water filled ditches, 5 bar hung gates, huge hedges, often without a lead and occasionally even had to give the field master a lead which Lottie loves! My instructor says she has no concept of her talent she just jumps whatever is in front of her, she'll jump a cross pole like she'll jump 1.10 and that's something I really like about her and sums her up she is so workmanlike never any drama or sass just gets on with her job.

She's sound so hopefully won't be long but I want it fully healed before she goes hunting so may not get her out again this season. But that's ok just looking forward to get back on her, nothing else like the notorious I.B.P.

Gonna need a bigger school. ;)
I find mine restrictive as used to having and fields, goodness knows what you think of 20x40. Best size I rode in was 30x40.

Last edited:
I rode in an Olympic size school once and it was quite big enough for Ziggy to tank off with me! I prefer a smaller school as he's a limber pone and can easily canter 10m circles but is just so whizzy :p

Bigger the better for us she can get down 40m in about 3 strides feel like I'm constantly turning her. We definitely prefer hacking and open spaces.

Horses can be very frustrating! I hope she's back up to full strength soon, even if you have to miss the rest of the season with her. It's lovely that you have a ride, but I know exactly what you mean about it not being the same :(

At least it's just a cut and healing well. I'm going to start taking her for walks along the lanes and I've taken my old CD player to the yard and bought her an Irish folk music CD as I think that's what she'd be in to (yes I am mad haha) so she has something to listen to in the day. We can't risk her going out and ending up with an infection.

Yes I'm very grateful but I miss my trusty pocket rocket, I know I'm safe on her whatever I meet or have to jump Lottie is the best at crossing it.

Reactions: mystiquemalaika
newrider.com