Mike Barker - any experiences?

eventerbabe

Dec 16, 2004
My dressage trainer has recomended i take my horse along to a clinic with Mike Barker. Has anyone any experiences with him or any comments on his teaching/techniques? I know very little about him.

Why did your dressage trainer say this?
If you have an interest in dressage and feel you would benefit from NH, and want somebody living in Scotland, you could have a chat with Shuna Shaw. She's great, really approachable, an excellent horsewoman and also a good dressage rider, so she links NH to what you want to do, which I feel is how it should be. :)
http://www.silversand.com.au/pages/shuna.htm

i should have exapnded a little further (was in a hurry this morning!). My trainer thinks we need to readdress the 'power balance' i.e. right now toby thinks he's boss and has major tantrums. She thinks mike could help us work on me becoming the 'leader' and hopefully help toby's temper tantrums :rolleyes:

mayoguiness, i found that review too when i googled him. Not massively encouraging to be honest. I might give the lady CrystalFire recomended a go! we really need to do something though as we can't really progress until toby stopps trying to boss ME around :rolleyes:

newrider.com