Merry Chippus' dressage debut !

KateWooten

Sep 28, 2005
TN
Merry Chippus made her dressage debut on saturday afternoon, and got a ribbon in intro B !!

(One girl got eliminated and there were 7 in the class :D )

Joseph went in the morning, he's at training level now ...
PA250515_edited.jpg

PA250487_edited.jpg

MerryC doing her trit-trot test ....
PA250535_edited.jpg

(Note the subtle change in attire for he afternoon's ride !)

Great photos :) and well done on the subtle change of gear - would never have noticed.. MerryC looking fab! Loving her bright little eyes- she looks so on the ball!

:D Thanks guys. jP's my little grey pone :) He really needs to go and do some affiliated stuff now - he's consistently placing first in our local shows but it is Incredibly expensive to do USDF shows. He's jumping 2ft 6 though now (yay !!), so should be ready to start eventing in the Spring.

I took tP out the following day for XC schooling - I was supposed to take Summer, but the ground was a bit slick, and I was tired and didn't want to battle with her .... so I took the Little One, and she popped over everything that the three full sized horses did. I was in shock. The biggestof the big logs is just about 3ft. :eek:

Last edited:
They did have a little wibble about the mirrors, actually. Fortunately, jP has been and schooled once at my friend's very dressage yard, and she has HUUUUUUUUUGE mirrors all along the short side of the outside arena - so he'd seen that.

And oddly enough, the little one, even though she still has panics and meltdowns, she's just not at all scared of 'things'. It's only people that cause her problems, she's quite odd how very confident she is about pretty much everything out and about in the world. I really think she can be a great pony one day ( or, ummm ... if not child-safe from this point, that she could certainly pass on some great pony-genes ..... :cool: )

newrider.com