Men's short riding boots

Skib

Dec 21, 2003
London
What do men wear when riding these days - apart from long boots or polo boots I mean.
The women among you with OHs who ride or start to ride, what do they like to wear on their feet? Any suggestions and recommendations?

Very few local saddlers seem to stock men's boots. I am assuming that must be because male riders are riding in something else.

OH has a pair of pricey Ariats bought in a sale when he started. Now the zip has broken. Any views on zip up boots versus lace ups?

I bought my dad a pair of Mark Todd trainer type boots, they did ok until he stood on a nail and got a hole in the sole, now they leak.

If he ever gets the time to ride again I may get him a pair of Mountain Horse lace up boots,they look quite rugged and manly,lol

My OH had a pair of Ariat ropers but he now rides in a pair of boots he bought in Country Wide they look like jod boots with DM type soles. he also rides in muckers.

Tack shops are often a bit of a desert for the male rider :D There's plenty of choice out there though, Mountain Horse for onr have a good range of boots, short and long. I currently use Equitector short boots and half chaps.

newrider.com