mens and ladies boots

fielder

new irish rider
Aug 22, 2005
While looking for a new pair of leather riding boots I noticed from the web that some boots were sold as ladies boots while some (not very many) were sold as mens boots. In the local tack shops nobody seemed bothered. I am confsed by this. Does anybody know if there is a difference in styles?

I think generally 'mens' long boots are cut straighter and narrower in the calf, 'womens' are curvier. But if something fits you, then it doesn't matter what 'gender' they are designed for! ;)

Mountain horse do mens boots, dont they? Womens boots will be alot narrower in the foot, but as above, if they fit who cares who there meant to be for, unless you need a 12 or something, cant say i know any women with size 12 shoes :D

I think the boots i just got from the web are mens boots!!! They seem much broarder on the foot.

If i had not needed them today i would have returned them as they are much to large for me.

SaM xx

The boots which I have have zips at the back and they absolutely kill my ankles to walk in. It is so bad that I even have sore ankles even when not wearing them. Does anyine else suffer from this or know how it can be prevented?

newrider.com