Melly & I blast in the field! *Video and piccies*

x.Moomoo.x

Apr 28, 2009
South West
Today I had a free day yippeeee! :D & the weather turned out to be lovely and sunny, so seeing as though all the ponies were in their stables, I thought i'd give Melly a go around our spare field! He hadn't been cantered in an open field for months! So it was going to be interesting ;) Our field goes uphill gradually and towards the end is a bit steeper than it looks! But anyway, here are a few piccies from today & a little video to give you an idea of todays antics! :rolleyes: SO proud of him, he got very excited! & excuse my riding, I haven't done anything like this in absolutely ages as didn't get the chance to with my old horse so had to get used to doing it all again, so it was kind of just GO! haha, and also my hands are so high as typical Arab (and one with no martingale!!) lifts his head up very high and gets strong at times so I do know i'm doing it ;)! so i'm apologising in advance for my not so good riding, shall we say!!!! :giggle: but regardless of my riding 'skills' we had an absolutely brilliant time, we LOVED it!!!! :mstickle: absolutely ADORE this horse :) have had him 8 weeks now!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wus16ZU3UGM (bit of random music to go with it ;))

collage188.jpg

collage186.jpg

collage185.jpg

collage183.jpg

collage181.jpg

collage178.jpg

collage177.jpg

Last edited:
How lovely! Looks like you had a great time, I'm so envious, wish I had a field like that I could ride in. Mel carries himself so like Rafi too (suppose they would be similar both being Arabs). Your smile says it all!

ah ha i am seeing the same look in his eye as my share horse has, he is arab haflingerx and he gets really whizzy and strong cantering, head up and away!!

Your boy looks lovely.

newrider.com