Meet the New Mini-Shetlands

ginakatie

Jul 13, 2009
Harrogate, N.Yorks.
I've just got 2 mini-shetlands on loan to keep my big girl, Katie, company. They arrived today and seem to be settling in well. They are called Jack (black) and Oliver (skewbald). Poor jack is cow hocked and has bad feet from recurrant laminitis but is not in pain. They are both 15, the same as Katie, and are half brothers. They are sooo cute, I just can't get over how small they are.

I have Katie behind electric fence at the moment but she seems to have fallen in love with them so I might put them in tomorrow as theres been no hysterics as yet! She just seems really miffed they aren't as interested in her as she is in them!

Also, incase I don't stay, thanks so much to anyone and everyone who has taken time to read my posts and given me good advice or nice comments!

Attachments

• K and the Boys 016.jpg
    K and the Boys 016.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 76
  • K and the Boys 023.jpg
    K and the Boys 023.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 73
Thanks, I think so:D

Just tried to shut them in their stable and oliver went a bit mad trying to jump out so i'm just leaving the door open so they can wander in and out tonight. Cheeky monkey.

It's always the small ones that cause trouble!:)

They're great! Though I laugh everytime I see one as one turned and kicked my girlfriend in the bum once... leaving 2 perfect hoof-prints :)

I wouldn't shut them in, they will get too hot. Our lot will sweat just tied up in the indoor school, before they have done anything.

newrider.com