Meet Tally!

Drummers Mum - apparently they bath him EVERY day! :eek: I must admit he was very sleek and shiny when I saw him, and he's used to being beautified as he used to be shown a lot. I think I might admit defeat on that challenge before it's even begun ;)

The vetting is set for Weds afternoon.... I'm not in the least bit worried about it, I'm sure he'll fly through :) It's not actually possible to type how excited I am :D

He's gorgeous - and sounds like the perfect horse! I'm getting excited as well! I love it when someone decides to get a new horse and everything goes according to plan.

Good luck.

He looks lovely - good luck - hope all goes well. :D Like the others said, you'll certainly have fun keeping him clean (I have a grey mare and she's an interesting beige shade in places :p )

He looks lovely :D

Don't let anyone tell you he will be a mucky colour. As you will discover he will not get just one colour on him. He'll have green, brown, yellow, black and grey patches - quite technicolour :D On my old (pure white) loan pony I always liked the green the best :D

I have a highland!! They are real charcters and have real personality in the best possible sense. They should come with a slight health warning though as I think they may be a little addictive,one can quickly become two!! Good luck for the vetting, I have my fingers crossed for you. :)

Oh, thats great news.
Have you spoken to them yet - are they were out other day?
When is the vet doing his stuff?
When do you get him?
etc!

Wow! How exciting, he looks better still in the pics you posted on this thread :D :D :D

Good job he doesn't mind the hosepipe then Deb ;)

Horse&Away - they were out - they phoned me back and are really pleased I'm buying him, the vetting is booked for Wednesday afternoon. Got everything possible crossed!!

Topcat - Can I see a pic of yours? I've been looking at the Highland Pony Club website, they are all gorgeous, I'd love to see yours too :) If one ever became two, I think the OH would probably leave me ;) My one boxer became two, and that was bad enough ;)

Thanks everyone for your good wishes, its much appreciated :)

Fantastic news. He's gorgeous.

I wouldn't be too concerned about saying yes to the horses you view - it simply means your looking in the right places at the right adverts and only viewing the best! You'rel ucky as well, but I certainly wouldn't be worried about it - just happy!

Good luck for the vetting!

BTW Are you going to do any showing with him? He's very lovely and I'm sure he'd do you proud in the show-ring if you were that way inclined. Do I see HOYS qualifiers in a couple of years?! :D:p

Whoooo hoooo!

Hi Madmum!

Just wanted to say 'WOOOOO HOOOOO' and I will also have everything crossed for you for the vetting!

He's gorgeous!! You lucky girl! Not that I'm jealous or anything :mad: ;)

Keep us posted won't you?!!

I'm chuffed to bits for you :D

Jus x

Ooo you are having the Highland! He is absolutely stunning, lucky, lucky you - you must be thrilled to bits he is completely gorgeous.

well i really really wanted him but guess he was meant for you!!! so i'm really so happy for you!
let us know how the vetting goes (will be fine i'm sure) and how it is when you bring him home...and how he likes his new home...and the first ride...and...well EVERYTHING!!

Sounds like you will have great fun with him. It is better when you have something that you know you can handle and pull up when you want to!

Ah -the grey! Get a mortgage out for blue shampoo, we have a large tub of the Wahl blue shampoo and it is very good, although I think that my cob is stained on his back legs and it will never come out until he is clipped or moults.

newrider.com