Meet Pete (my new car!)

Cochise

Jun 3, 2002
Auckland, New Zealand
Had a shocking time over the last 3 weeks. My Nissan Terrano was stolen from outside my old house and has been a total inconvenience and put me out of pocket extensively.

Anyway, insurance finally came through and I could look for a new car.

My new car!

Haven't taken photos myself yet, but there are photos on the ad!

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motor ... 328979.htm

Bloody hard to get a tow vehicle for under $5000! It goes alright, first automatic I've ever owned. My float is 1000kg and Cheek is just under 500kg, so should be good. Jazz who will be towed around more than him is only 350kg so I should fly around easy.

So yay! Have wasted over $500 on rental vehicles, good to finally have my own car again. The Terrano never turned up by the way!

Oh!

Will try this, photos from the ad:

144192985_full.jpg

144192987_full.jpg

Yeah, I have always loved manuals for being able to control the gears up and down hills (and I originate from the flattest province in New Zealand, but now face hills), but am looking forward to having a tow in a couple of weeks with Pete. (I name all my cars).

Hehehe, next actual outing will be http://www.clevedonshow.co.nz/ with Jazzy in the sporthorse classes (for something different), my two now live only 4km down the road (like 2 miles haha). But will tow my trailer empty to get my WOF etc.

Will be a little mismatched, gold and green car plus silver and grey trailer, but huh. :D

Hi there Pete!lol. Nice wheels. Are those palms in the back-ground? You are so lucky where you live - every picture you ever post looks fab and the backgrounds all look so warm and exotic......makes where we live seem rather wet and dull......

My Pajero Automatic has to be one of the best cars I've ever owned. Mine towed a VERY laden trailer across Europe, to move here. She's still going strong, but isn't Hungarian-road-legal, so is kept for farm-work.

Good to know, I was told they are good working cars! :) Although what I want two extra seats for, is beyond me! :giggle: That's optimum horse gear storage space!

Hi there Pete!lol. Nice wheels. Are those palms in the back-ground? You are so lucky where you live - every picture you ever post looks fab and the backgrounds all look so warm and exotic......makes where we live seem rather wet and dull......

It's only starting to get a bit warmer and drier now! We had like two months where it rained every day which wasn't very glamorous! Battling my first ever case of mud fever and rain scald on the baby horse. Not fun! :frown:

Pete def has muscle for the job, agree with you wont want to drive a manual again, too much like hard work

Haha! I've seriously loved my manuals, although now I live in a busy city that often gets congested, working the clutch stop start in traffic is very wearing!

I love Pajeros! My family had a couple when we lived in the middle east and they were total workhorses. Went into the desert at weekends, over dunes and mountains and through wadis. We flooded the engines a fair few times and they always kept on going.

I love Pajeros! My family had a couple when we lived in the middle east and they were total workhorses. Went into the desert at weekends, over dunes and mountains and through wadis. We flooded the engines a fair few times and they always kept on going.

Fantastic! :)

Did I mention the sunroof? Yuss! :giggle:

newrider.com