Meet Nutmeg, the rescue foal -is back on her feet

Dark Storm

Well I'll be a Krampus's Auntie! :D!
Jan 4, 2009
Hadfield
324274_10150517999152201_108611557200_9219265_1547781862_o.jpg

Cottage Rescue Just talked to Kate and the Vet has been, he has given her a B12 jab, antibiotic jab, penicillin jab. She has a bit of pneumonia but not life threatening, he said the Emaciation will be the problem if her organs shut down. Kate has to keep her on Collovet, Manuka and Electrolytes. Apart from that he said keep her really warm and lots of T.L.C. of which she will get lots of from Kate and her family. She is lying down with two rugs on her and two over her.
Please keep her in your thoughts and will her to recover, she needs lots of good vibes.

Last edited:
Bless that wee filly x

Have they thought about getting a calf lamp to put over her?? Might be a goo idea for warming the air around her as well as warming her x

What a lovely name ..i hope this little lady pulls through.It seems there has been loads of rescue cases of late.

It saddens me that people can be so cruel to animals..(((vibes for lovely nutmeg)))

Come on beautiful baby, you can do this. You need to give us humans a chance to show you that we aren't all cruel or neglectful. x

Nutmeg's story

Rescue of an Emaciated Pony abandoned in a Quarry Sunday morning 29th Jan 2012.

Jackie got a call yesterday evening (Saturday) about a Pony that was down since Thursday, so she went off to check on it. It is a Filly of about 10-12 months old. She gave it some ration, hay and water and put bales of straw around her and a rug to keep her warm until we could see to her this morning as it was too late yesterday by the time the Guards came and she made no attempt to stand up as she was down 3 days at that stage.
We got to her this morning 29th Jan 2012 and she was still down but was alert enough to want more food. Some very kind locals came to help so we got straps and a loan of a tractor to hoist her up on her feet, she was very weak at first but soon got her footing and was able to walk so a FAB friend Kate said that would care for her. We loaded her with some help from a few very nice local men.
I stayed in the horse box with her while travelling to Kates home as somebody had to keep an eye on her in case she went down in the box, we had to pull once as she nearly collapsed in the box with me and again while going in to Kates home so we let her rest for a while in the box and them unloaded her.
She will remain with Kate who will look after her as she will need plenty of care, good feeding and supplements etc.
Jackie put a rug on her with plenty of straw underneath as she is very wet from lying on the ground for nearly 4 days.
Please keep this Filly in your thoughts and will her to live.
More than likely she was a foal who at 4-5 months was used with a Sulky as she has marks on her from harness. She may have an old injury and that is why she was starved and dumped in the Quarry, we will see once she gets better.
A big thank you to Jackie, Kate, Mark and the lovely local men that helped getting this Filly on her feet and to Kate for taking her in and caring for her.
We are in need of funds for her as Cottage Rescue does not have much money and I will have to pay for everything out of my own pocket, so any donation no matter how small would greatly be appreciated. You can Papypal money here
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=ZWTA58JX75VUG
You can also post donations to Cottage Rescue, Longfield, Cashel, Co Tipperary, thank you.

340908_10150515318262201_108611557200_9209752_1252557273_o.jpg

Last edited:
poor wee mite - she looks so much better already in the stable, all warm and covered in her rugs. i hope she gets a chance to have a lovely life.

Poor little darling filly, my heart goes out to her.

If you go to the Cottage Rescue facebook page you can donate, I have sent them some Euro to help pay for Nutmeg's food and care.

I so hope she recovers.

Glad she has found a home to get better. Poor baby in a sulky at that age. What a terrible start to life. Keeping her in my thoughts

Can't believe a human being could do that.
Makes me so bloody angry that they get away with it too.
Just cast aside like a bag of rubbish.
Bet its not the first case either.
Healing vibes winging their way and what a kind offer from Gill at Westgate.
Poor wee mite has probably never been wormed in its life. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr:stomp:

Sending trillions of vibes for thia little bubba. Here's hoping for a speedy and full recovery! Will keep checking back for updates xx

newrider.com