Meet Noel

mystiquemalaika

Jan 7, 2013
New addition to the family of furries :)

He is rather adorable and very very friendly. He enjoys going in his exercise ball and loves his wheel, he also seems to enjoy moving his bed, we have lost count how many times he has done this in the last week but he certainly seems to be undecided on where his bed should be!
He also loves coming on my bed and I make lots of folds and nooks and crannies with a fleece blanket, he explores and falls asleep after he has worn himself out :)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1419701055598.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1419701055598.png
    528.3 KB · Views: 21
  • uploadfromtaptalk1419701072307.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1419701072307.png
    302.3 KB · Views: 18
Oh he is so sweet, identical to one that my son had as a child, he called her Daphne! The night of THE big storm - we came down to find the window had been blown through and had knocked her cage off the windowsill....we found her under the television sitting on the video, with our great big hairy old cat sitting next to her! We couldn't believe he hadn't eaten her, the storm must have sent him into shock! She lived to be four years old, which I understand is old for a hammy......my husband sat all night by the Aga keeping her warm on her last night, but sadly she died of old age.:(

I would love to have another one, they are the sweetest pets, you are very lucky, Noel is gorgeous.:)

Wow cortrasna that is amazing your cat didn't eat her! Ours I am very sure would given a chance like that! Bless your husband but that is a very good age, 2-3 seems to be the average life span :-( but I am a firm believer in what tlc can do :) she was obviously very much loved and cares for.
I am very lucky and he is a character, so tame and laid back too.

Reactions: horseandgoatmom
I LOVE rats NF and would love some again but currently don't have anywhere for a big enough cage for them so wouldn't be fair but I am very very fond of rats they are beautiful intelligent animals :)

Aw he's gorgeous. I used to breed hamsters when I was young - had 40 at one time, 8 adults and the rest babies. Back in those days Chinese and Russian Dwarfs were just being introduced - I had to send off to a place in Surrey to get a breeding pair of each delivered to me by rail. The Chinese bred like rabbits but the Russian were more tricky and very vicious in those days!

Seems you can get all sorts of interesting species/colours these days. Wish I didn't have to work then I could be an eccentric old critter lady.

I've had rats too, but OH was allergic to them. He still doesn't know, I never told him that his sudden unexplained asthma when he met me was probably an allergy to rats (fairly common apparently) rather than an allergy to me, because I didn't want to have to get rid of the rats. But I'm not entirely hard-hearted - when they died of old age I didn't replace them and OH's asthma mysteriously disappeared as fast as it came on. He never made the connection.

Bodshi that is hilarious!!!!
Wow you bred them? That's slot of work, my 3 gerbils and one hamster keep me occupied I can only imagine how much time 40 take! I dint know much about the Russians but have heard they can be notorious for biting, is this still true now then and perhaps a breed trait that can't be bred better? The winter whites come with pretty good nature's from most that I've read and are easily tamed but abit small for small children. Noel hasn't yet but they are vocal if upset or annoyed which gives you fair warning that you are p***** then off so if I get bitten it will be my own doing I'm sure, but touch wood he is super friendly :)

Aw he's gorgeous. I used to breed hamsters when I was young - had 40 at one time, 8 adults and the rest babies. Back in those days Chinese and Russian Dwarfs were just being introduced - I had to send off to a place in Surrey to get a breeding pair of each delivered to me by rail. The Chinese bred like rabbits but the Russian were more tricky and very vicious in those days!

Seems you can get all sorts of interesting species/colours these days. Wish I didn't have to work then I could be an eccentric old critter lady.

I've had rats too, but OH was allergic to them. He still doesn't know, I never told him that his sudden unexplained asthma when he met me was probably an allergy to rats (fairly common apparently) rather than an allergy to me, because I didn't want to have to get rid of the rats. But I'm not entirely hard-hearted - when they died of old age I didn't replace them and OH's asthma mysteriously disappeared as fast as it came on. He never made the connection.
Haha love it [emoji6]

newrider.com