measuring

xox stace xox

Honey's Golden Surprise
Oct 23, 2006
ok how do you know what size lunging roller your horse needs, havent got a clue really i want to start long reining honey and need one have tryd with saddle but seems to tip forward with side reins on

any help would be appreciated

You're saddle tips forward when you attach sidereins to it? Hmmm I don't think that's supposed to happen if the saddle is well fitting and if the sidereins are put on properly (meaning correct length).

Why do you want to use side reins for long reining? If you haven't long reined before, it may be better if you try without the sidereins.

As for fitting for a lunging roller, sorry can't help you there. As I've only long reined with a saddle on & side reins attached to it depending on the horse.

I'd say cob-size too. And while you're at it, get Sulvia Stanier's book on long-reining, it's brilliant and very clear.:)
oh and a tip- get a roller which has big enough rings for the long-rein buckles to fit through. Mine was a cheapie with rings that are too small- and threading the long reins through from the handle end because the buckle doesn't for through is extremely frustrating....:mad: :p

newrider.com