Me & Lantern have another attempt at showjumping... (lot's of photos)

Kc..

Nov 7, 2007
North Cotswolds
www.casseywatson.co.uk
Right, well i hacked down to my local RC today again to give Lantern another go at some showjumping. Took us about an hour to plod there then they hadn't even started when we got there so had a while to stand about.

My original plan was to just do the 2'9 & 3'0 - 3'3 but when i got there they had just about every scarey filler/narrow/triple bar they could find. So considering he doesn't do fillers, narrow fences and the last time we jumped a triple bar i ended up on the floor i entered the 2'6, 2'9 and the 3'. Which to be fair is what we normally do!

Anyway, this was our first show in the hackamore and blinkers. I took him in to warm up and he was dragging me at the fences - really felt like he was loving it.

Went in to the 2'6 and we got to fence 6 on 1 refusal. But fence 6 was a skinny with a big union jack on it. And we had a refusal and a run out. But then the judge let me try to get him over it before we left and he went over it first time...

Then the 2'9, we went in had one refsal at the horse eating fish planks and one circle where he napped slightly to #7. BUT we finished without being eliminated!!!! :-D:-D and he didn't touch a pole!! I was absolutely chuffed.

3' not so good, he took a dodgy stride to #2 and totally scared himself and wouldn't jump #3 so i retired and popped a X in the warm up ring.

But i am so chuffed, finally think we're getting somewhere! He felt like he was loving it!! Anyway photos, i'll put all the ones from the different warm-ups during the day first then the ones from the classes. Big thankyou to my OH to trudging round after me all day taking photos!!

Warming up...
DSCF2548.jpg

DSCF2551.jpg

DSCF2558.jpg

DSCF2561.jpg

DSCF2564.jpg

DSCF2565.jpg

DSCF2567.jpg

DSCF2569.jpg

DSCF2587.jpg

DSCF2601.jpg

Continued...

DSCF2594.jpg

Didn't get any for 4 or 5 (five was a triple)

DSCF2597.jpg

7.. (he nearly threw me off, nearly stopped jumped i lost a stirrup and was hanging on his neck then he darted right. So i had to stop for a sec to re gain control!!)
DSCF2598.jpg

DSCF2599.jpg

And nine!! :-D:-D
DSCF2600.jpg

3' - 3'3
DSCF2614.jpg

The one that he scared himself at - would be a lush pic if he hadn't left me behind!

DSCF2615.jpg

All done! Hope you like them, so proud of him!

Amazing photos-Lantern is stunning!:)

Thankyou!

Well done! He looks like he likes his hackamore :)
Are those rainbow fillers the ones he didn't like a while back?

Yep these (we got eliminated at them both times i've been before)...

5135_95402139238_588139238_1845766_.jpg

So he's getting there!

Can i ask a question? What are the sheepskin things on his cheekpieces? what do they do? is there any benefit to wearing them? Always wondered!!

He's got a lovely jump on him!

They're french blinkers and stop the horse seeing what's behind, Lantern used to nap toward all the other horses really badly and he didn't do it at all with them on today! :)

Thanks!

Fantastic, way to go you, looks like the changes are working fantastically! And your OH has taken some super photos!

Wheee ! He's super-cute ... and your position is beautiful - especially when he's going to pull a stop like that :eek: I'm sure I'd be off !

Do you get to practice scary fillers at home, or is he ok at home and in lessons ?

Aha!! thanks for that! You learn something everyday!!

look at that muscle when he's refusing! :)

I know, i've got a few like that!

Fantastic, way to go you, looks like the changes are working fantastically! And your OH has taken some super photos!

Thankyou, he does say he was having a 'bad' day with photos but i reckon they aren't too bad ;)

Fab photos, you both look very smart! :D

Thankyou!

Wheee ! He's super-cute ... and your position is beautiful - especially when he's going to pull a stop like that :eek: I'm sure I'd be off !

Do you get to practice scary fillers at home, or is he ok at home and in lessons ?

Thanks, my position has improved tons since i've had him! Well up until about a week ago i'd never been able to put him over fillers at home but i made a couple last week that he's seen once. But they aren't as scarey as the ones at shows dus to them being poorly painted and a lack of colourful paint. But he's improving so much!

think he looks a lot more happier and i think you're very brave for giving bitless a go :D

Thankyou, so glad i did he loves it!

What great pics, you look like you had fun though, and even more pleased to see him wearing the secret santa pressie:) I am smiling now:)

Yeah it's his 'show' numnah! I love it - think it really suits him!

well done. he is looking better and better every time you post xx

Thankyou :)

newrider.com