Me and Appley have heard it all now!

notpoodle

Jul 16, 2003
Brighton!
Visit site
Today poneh and I bumped into a cycling police man out hacking :)

All great up until ... 'that's a nice SHETLAND you have there!' oooh-errr!!

i've had donkey, i've had mule .... shetland is a new one!! poor appley!!

dont get me wrong, i LOVE shetlands but she looks as Exmoor-y as they come and I have 'exmoor pony - the original offroader' emblazoned across my tabard :tongue:

Hehehehehe - I once got asked "do you have two ropes on him so you can keep him under control? He's a nice wolf though!"... As if rascal looks anything like a wolf!!!! People are bananas!!!

Hahaha that's lovely though.

I'm commonest one is people asking if Joys a Shire. Apart from the height thing their not a million miles off in their guess.

Hehehehehe - I once got asked "do you have two ropes on him so you can keep him under control? He's a nice wolf though!"... As if rascal looks anything like a wolf!!!! People are bananas!!!

ROFL brilliant :giggle: thank you for making me giggle, i needed that!! :giggle:

Hahaha that's lovely though.

I'm commonest one is people asking if Joys a Shire. Apart from the height thing their not a million miles off in their guess.

I get that with Evie lol.

PN, that policeman needs specks:giggle: I assume he would be pretty useless at identifying criminals lol. No wonder hes on his bike:giggle:

I did get asked when I would be racing mine-becuase when she grows up then she will slim down to fit in the starting stalls, not.

I forget mine is blind with the blue eye. :)

Ooh, I think they just pick a horsey breed they've heard of, even though they don't realise that there can be quite dramatic differences!

Best we get quite often is that folk mistake flipo for a highland. Until they get closer and realise he's a tad bigger than that. And do chestnut/flaxen maned highlands even exist?

a sheep in wolfskin, clearly :tongue: that must be the weirdest thing I've heard in a while!!

@ Flipo's mum: yeah, definitely!! eg. SMALL horse = Shetlang, BIH horse = Shire, anything inbetween = race horse :D oh why oh why didn't he mistake Appley for a racehorse!!!!

eg. SMALL horse = Shetlang, BIH horse = Shire, anything inbetween = race horse :D oh why oh why didn't he mistake Appley for a racehorse!!!!

Teehee!!! Poor Appley - hope she wasn't upset. Wouldn't want that copper trying to solve a crime for me!!

I wouldn't mind any of those ...it's jokes about burgers that I can't stand!

Yeah, aren't they a big yawn? My obnoxious neighbour harps on about stuff like that - when we first moved in it was one of the first cocky stupid things he said to us. Something to the tune of "horses are okay, they're tasty". Gosh, what a scream (not):stomp::stomp:

The burger jokes are such a yawn. How dumb can your average person get. I am seriously falling out with FB, I don't have many people on there, but honest, the ones I have are flippin weird, what is it about these silly jokes and quotes, nothing original, just all twat stuff, I thought these people where ok, they all seem like it in the flesh and I have known them for years but now I can see they are Zombies or something. 'Get out of the box for christ sake!' is what I am thinking. Oh goodness, I think I have about one or two 'sain' friends atm and that it:eek: may be I am lucky?:unsure:

oh god yeah, getting those, too :banghead:

did weekly shop in my chaps and jods last weekend (too lazy to get changed, ahem), just in the meat aisle looking for beef casserole bits ... two people looked at me really weirdly so I decided we were not having goulash after all!!

NP I go everywhere in riding and yard stuff so don't worry. (who has time to change? Last week I turned up at my mums posh flat in usual garb. The housewarden nearly had a fit. I think she was thinking about calling security:giggle: stuff her!

Local supermarkets are well used to me. We live in a small community, my friend who shared the field with me was a manager at the best supermarket in town, sorted!

newrider.com