"May you live in interesting times"

Wally

Apr 16, 2000
...or so the saying (curse) would have it. Well this year has been riveting.

I survived the first year after OH was killed in and RTA. Staggered from once crisis to the next but I'm still alive.

When OH died my aged uncle was being threatened with a care home. Being 90, is it any wonder? So, having a big house all on the level I invited him to come and stay with me to keep him out of the care home. This worked really well. He got a new lease of life and has always loved it here.

Sadly on Monday he died. At least he had the good grace to do it two days before OH's ghastly anniversary. Then to put the icing on the cake a friend of 28 years died of bowel cancer. For a while I was flitting from ward one to ward three with washing spending my days torn between death beds.

I found myself, a year to the day sat back in the registrar's office getting death certificates sorted. What more can life throw at you?? you never know do you. Anyone want to buy two houses and 15 hectares?

Jeepers wally, you really have had an awful lot to deal with, my sympathies for your losses xx we've missed you on NR, but totally understand why you've not been about.

Wally I’m sorry to hear what an incredibly difficult time youve had and are still having.
You are a strong woman but those blows are hard for anyone to deal with.
I hope that life will be kind to you going forward. Sending my heartfelt wishes to you x

So sorry Wally - what a barrel load of sh*%e you have had thrown at you this past year. Telling you to stay strong sounds so trite in view of all you have had and are still having to deal with - but I will say it anyway - stay strong and here is to wishing you much better times ahead of you. :( x

Jeez - what a year! I can't imagine how hard it has been, and still is. Here's to far easier times ahead. x

Oh:(I was thinking of you this morning and have only just seen this thread. I was only telling Mr T you were thinking of moving. Oh hell. You have had a sh*t time:(
Can only send you onwards and upwards vibes. It HAS to get betterxx

Oh:(I was thinking of you this morning and have only just seen this thread. I was only telling Mr T you were thinking of moving. Oh hell. You have had a sh*t time:(
Can only send you onwards and upwards vibes. It HAS to get betterxx
That's it, full steam ahead now. Downsizing like a mad thing. threw out 6 bin liners of bed linen and blankets I've not used in 20 years. All down the the charity shop. Last week the local up cycling company came and took the first load out the attic. It's quite therapeutic. Want to buy a house?

That's it, full steam ahead now. Downsizing like a mad thing. threw out 6 bin liners of bed linen and blankets I've not used in 20 years. All down the the charity shop. Last week the local up cycling company came and took the first load out the attic. It's quite therapeutic. Want to buy a house?

Wow you have been busy. Yes it is theraputic getting shut of things. Hehe I'm settled here now thanks, I can't see me wanting to move anytime soon......Lots of vibes your place sells quickly and smoothly (sure it will):)

Wow you have been busy. Yes it is theraputic getting shut of things. Hehe I'm settled here now thanks, I can't see me wanting to move anytime soon......Lots of vibes your place sells quickly and smoothly (sure it will):)
When you get e-mails from toe crofter's Commission promising to reply in 20 working days, you can forget anything going swiftly

What utter, utter multiple crocks of poop.... NO idea what to say really. No one should have to live in full "coping" mode 24/7. Life can only get better.

Gosh, you'd have thought that losing your OH was your lifetime's dose of the worst luck but you've really been dealt a crap hand! Are you giving up your life on Shetland? Selling off your ponies? Or just uncle's property?

Nothing to say that hasn't been said, Wally, but you have my heartfelt sympathy for the ordure that has been heaped on you this last year.

Whatever you're planning, I hope it goes as smoothly as it can.

Gosh, you'd have thought that losing your OH was your lifetime's dose of the worst luck but you've really been dealt a crap hand! Are you giving up your life on Shetland? Selling off your ponies? Or just uncle's property?
Uncle had no property to sell. I'm off on my own, taking my horses.

You have had an awful stressful year, even for a tough cookie like yourself. I really hope the next chapter in your life brings you plenty of smiles and laughter xx

Oh Wally. So sorry to read this, you have had more than you’re fsir share of losses this year.

My heart goes out to you. I hope you manage to get your life somewhat sorted out so you can try and heal.

Hugs and thoughts

Thanks guys, We'll see what happens next in the great adventure. Roll with the punches they say.

newrider.com