Massive confidence building experience!

squidsin

Feb 16, 2013
I had the most amazing hack at the weekend. We were camping in Cornwall, on Bodmin - yes, in torrential rain and 72 mph winds - and I still rode! The guy who owned the equestrian centre asked me how experienced I was and I said I'd been riding for 3 years but had a few confidence issues. Admittedly I also said I had my own horse which always makes people think you must know what you're doing! He said 'you'll be fine, trust your horse and you'll have a blast.' Anyway, I found myself cantering down hills, jumping logs, galloping across moors, jumping up onto banks and basically doing cross country with a load of really experienced people! All in the gale-force winds with horizontal rain blowing into my eyes! I muttered 'I'm well out of my comfort zone now' as I'd been expecting a gentle group canter at best. But I loved it! My horse (a TB) was so sure-footed and neat in his movements, I just shut my eyes at the scary bits, held on and let him get on with it! But I never felt out of control and that means a lot to me, as most of my hacking fears are to do with that. I'm still on a high now, 2 days later!

Last edited:
Reactions: Jessey
Oh well done! Sounds like you had a blast and amazing what a ride on a good horse can do for your confidence. Onwards and upwards yay!:dance:

newrider.com