Marlie

hdonna

Aug 22, 2008
bucks
We got Marlie beginning of Sept with a view to buy.

First days
029-1.jpg

001-2.jpg

First Hack with Dan the safe steady cob went well

008-1.jpg

Ground work as she can be spooky at times so wanted to develop the relationship with my son and Marlie

011-1.jpg

021.jpg

More trust development off on their own.

005-2.jpg

We new she had not done much schooling. All she had really done as a 6yr old was breed two foals and hack so the work had started JUMPING
To a fashion!!! Work in progress

003-1.jpg

Canter needs some work. Could not canter her to start with. Now we can canter off correct leg on right rein on straight line and last time managed a curve. Left leg finds it difficult to strike off correctly so again work in progress.
marlie10.jpg

Poll work to develop top line as she is rather hollow
005-3.jpg

Of course I need to occasionally have a go!!

mum5.jpg

First riding lesson at Bury Farm on Thursday and then next Thursday clear round jumping. She has never done a whole course and neither has my son so watch this space!!

Thanks for reading.

Lesson tonight at Bury Farm

ten mins in the trailer got her out and she was dripping in sweet. Not sure why as when we picked her up we travelled about an hour and no sweet at all.

extremely spooky eyes popping out head walked her around then tacked her up. Oh no left bridle at home!!!! very nice peops lent us one. In the school walked her round in hand for another 10 mins and jake rode for 20 mins she was very anxious but worked well. Not sure if ready for show next week though. might try and squeeze another lesson in first before we decide Jake really wants to just go for it. Im an over protective mum and not sure yet

This is Archie - he's head is finer than your girl but there's something similar - well, I think there is ....

Maybe its just the colour:eek:

ETA does she have a dorsal?

Attachments

• 100_5041.jpg
    100_5041.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 8
Update: First real show today. Very busy Bury Farm dressage show 3 indoor arenas for competing. Marlie and Jake completed the Intro A she was a lot calmer than before. scored 45% so great starting point to move forward. First real show for Marlie and my son. I did not read the test for him he remembered it all. Only real prob seemed to be lack of impulsion so something to work on. All done for charity also as my son got sponsers for children in need and he raised just over £50 so all in all a great day and another positive step forward for Marlie and Jake

Update: First real show today. Very busy Bury Farm dressage show 3 indoor arenas for competing. Marlie and Jake completed the Intro A she was a lot calmer than before. scored 45% so great starting point to move forward. First real show for Marlie and my son. I did not read the test for him he remembered it all. Only real prob seemed to be lack of impulsion so something to work on. All done for charity also as my son got sponsers for children in need and he raised just over £50 so all in all a great day and another positive step forward for Marlie and Jake

Sounds like it went really well and a good partnership developing:D
Well done to your son for raising the money for charity as well.:):)

Well done you guys!!!!!!

It takes an awful lot to work on a nervy pony properly and it looks like you're doing an awesome job!

newrider.com