Mark Todd Body Protectors

Bobby-Boy

May 31, 2008
Fife, Scotland
Hi Everyone, I am thinking of getting the MT zip up body protector, does anyone else have one? How long is the back, I know I could look at the size guides (which I have) but havent found them particulary helpful in the past!

Any feedback asap would be great!

xxx

There are a couple of different sorts, my o/h has the cheaper version (no zip) and his has been fine. However I have the more expensive one with the zip and the velcro overlay, I got on my horse one day with it on and as I leant over caught the velcro on the pommel and it made a loud ripping sound as it opened. This caused my horse (who is a bit of a handful if I'm honest) to bolt off up the school with me attached to him sideways with 1 foot in the stirrup. Just about managed to swing my leg over before we reached the top of the school and yank him up before we leapt out of the end of the school.

Needless to say never wore that BP again, got a racesafe with no velcro in sight. More expensive but much better designed and comfortable.

All that said if you want a MT zip up BP worn about 6 times XL childs size (I am 5'8", size 8, 9 stone and it fitted me lovely) then let me know :)

i have the MT zip one :D i HATE BP's with a pasion :eek: prob only because i've been riding all my life and never used one until now so i feel really odd in it :eek:
BUT - the MT one was the only one short and narrow enough for me(adult extra small i think) and i must say i'm getting used to it... try lots on though - TBH i'd prob go for a racesafe one if i ever need to replace it as they are far more flexible.... alas they were above my budget when i needed a BP
stirlingshire stock MT ones ;)

thanks for the above replys,

so would you say they are comfy enough for everyday use? I dont have a huge amount to spend on one tho!

and i would apreciate any more comments on them like if they are short.

Thanks xx

I have an Airowear Riever Elite, had to get it made to fit with an extra large child back cut short and an extra small adult front. What I'm saying is, if you have trouble getting one to fit maybe you need a custom fit.

newrider.com